Thread: An incredible evening of Cape Breton music and dance

Default An incredible evening of Cape Breton music and dance

An evening in Inverness, Cape Breton Isl.

Very long and you will want to skip through the commercial contend.
    No mandolin , mostly fiddle, guitar, piano, singing and dancing, Some of the best
    Cape Breton musicians

I hope it is ok to post this video here, if not pleace let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZTV...ature=youtu.be

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleyenaar For This Useful Post:

Default Re: An incredible evening of Cape Breton music and dance

We are fortunate enough to spend about 6 months a year on Cape Breton, andI can say that the quality of the music being played here-- be it traditional Celtic, Celtic fusion, Mountain music, Acadian, or completely non-traditional-- is simply amazing. Everyone plays, and everyone plays WELL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peterleyenaar View Post
    An evening in Inverness, Cape Breton Isl.

Very long and you will want to skip through the commercial contend.
    No mandolin , mostly fiddle, guitar, piano, singing and dancing, Some of the best
    Cape Breton musicians

I hope it is ok to post this video here, if not pleace let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZTV...ature=youtu.be
    Thanks for posting!!

IMO there are few things in North America as rewarding a couple of weeks on Cape Breton Island in the fall. Celtic Colours is just an incredible festival and makes an unforgettable 10-day vacation. The music, the scenery, the food, and the people are wonderful. On the down side the costs to attend the festival have increased dramatically over the last 10 years? Pity.
    Last edited by Bernie Daniel; Oct-13-2018 at 10:47pm.
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Daniel View Post
    Thanks for posting!!

IMO there are few things in North America as rewarding a couple of weeks on Cape Breton Island in the fall. Celtic Colours is just an incredible festival and makes an unforgettable 10-day vacation. The music, the scenery, the food, and the people are wonderful. On the down side the costs to attend the festival have increased dramatically over the last 10 years? Pity.

Ah, but you can get as many or as few concert tickets as you like—part of the beauty of Celtic Colours is that there is live music everywhere on the island, both in Official CC events and in pretty much every venue, of which there are many. (I had three of those gigs myself this past week). There is also non-peak season to consider, everything is cheaper and the players are still here.

Must admit, motels are mostly overpriced and camping isnt for everyone. Houses can be cheap though, so we bought one!

Quote Originally Posted by jshane View Post
    We are fortunate enough to spend about 6 months a year on Cape Breton, andI can say that the quality of the music being played here-- be it traditional Celtic, Celtic fusion, Mountain music, Acadian, or completely non-traditional-- is simply amazing. Everyone plays, and everyone plays WELL.
    Have we met, jshane? I’m guessing we are both here the same 6 months =

I hang around the Sydney scene, generally Governors Wed, Blue Mist Thurs, and more oft than not Breton Brewing on Friday...msg me.

7. The following members say thank you to Bill Cameron for this post:

jshane