Thread: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival is streaming now

Default Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival is streaming now

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival is streaming live from Golden Gate Park in San Francisco - audio AND video. Started at noon Pacific time today. Go to hardlystrictlybluegrass.com and follow the prompts. There are 6 stages, they are webcasting from three of them, but not all acts agreed to be streamed, unfortunately. But there are plenty of good ones - I just watched David Bromberg. Dry Branch Fire Squad is on now.

I have great memories from the one time I went to this festival (2007) and camped in the Presidio with a bunch of friends from the Telluride BG Festival.

Hardly Strictly is a great festival with an interesting history. It's always early October which is a great time to visit San Francisco. It's in a beautiful spot, and is free.
    Riley

Kentucky KM-250

Guitars:
    RainSong SMH
    Blueridge BR-142
    The Loar LH-250
    Recording King RPS-9
    A Strat and a Tele

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rfloyd For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival is streaming now

It is a great festival. It has been boiling hot and foggy freezing cold over the years but I was just on the coast twenty miles south and it was 72 degrees and sunny.

Last time I went they took all the bus routes out of service to acomodate the crowds going downtown to connect with the train and Bart, and I had to walk 44 blocks back to my car. Had to look at forty buses parked in the opposite direction waiting for the late shows to end. The regular local commuters were pissed. Rightly so.

But if you can tolerate the crowds, there is a lot of good music.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

Thanks for posting. Good quality stream and camera work too.

Wanted to bump this for anyone who may have missed it yesterday. The audio and video are both really good quality, and lots of good music still to come today and tomorrow. Schedule is Pacific time, so it goes until 10 tonight.

If your TV/stereo has web access you can watch on a big screen with good audio.

Also, if you want to see a particular set but timing is off, they have them archived. And if you root around on the site they have archived sets from the last several years too.

Enjoy!
    Riley

Kentucky KM-250

Guitars:
    RainSong SMH
    Blueridge BR-142
    The Loar LH-250
    Recording King RPS-9
    A Strat and a Tele