Thread: Monroe Brothers Song Books??

Default Monroe Brothers Song Books??

Good Evening Everyone!

It has been a long time since I felt compelled to post something. I find much more interest in reading others stories than adding my own. Today that changes, as I have something that I wanted to share in regards to the Monroe Brothers.

About 20 years ago in the early days of eBay, I saw something that I had never seen before, a Monroe Brothers Song Book. For those that remember the internet 20 years ago, it was slow and very crude. We still were using a dial-up modem. Long story short, I lost the bid on the songbook and it passed into legend. I had spoken with plenty of others about the songbook only to find that no-one had seem to have seen or heard of such a thing. (Perhaps I needed to expand my circle of bluegrass friends, but I think I asked some fairly credible people that should have had some idea.)

Anyways, the fantom songbook has been discovered again along with another that I had never seen before. I was so elated to find these, that I purchased them immediately. Since they seem to be so rare, I wanted to share my joy at my discovery and ask if anyone else had ever seen some of these and was curious if there are more than the two out there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	315.0 KB 
ID:	171625

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mandoplayer00 For This Useful Post: