Thread: Tony Williamson previews IBMA, unveils new song

Default Tony Williamson previews IBMA, unveils new song

With the IBMA conference returning to Raleigh next week, I had a chance this morning to chat with Tony Williamson. Tony discussed the conference, his Loar mandolin, why he loves bluegrass, and more.

The video also includes four tunes, including the first recording of a new song called "I'm Going Back to the Country."

Please enjoy the conversation when you have about 20 minutes to spare. (We'll be using a portion of this Friday afternoon on WPTF radio, one-time home for the sounds of Bill Monroe, Flatt and Scruggs, and the Stanley Brothers.)

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MK in NC For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Tony Williamson previews IBMA, unveils new song

This is an older, amazing cut of Williamson and Autry....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3n0Du_iIVs

"It's a mandolin-centric world." Thanks to Mitch Kokai of WPTF in Raleigh North Carolina for conducting a great interview!! See you all at IBMA Raleigh!

The jazz fan in me was leaning toward posting this excerpt from IBMA's vintage instrument tasting. As it turns out, Tony suggested the same tune: Charlie Parker's "Scrapple From the Apple."

Enjoy some fine picking from Tony, Jeff Autry, and Noam Pikelny.

Quote Originally Posted by MK in NC View Post
    The jazz fan in me was leaning toward posting this excerpt from IBMA's vintage instrument tasting. As it turns out, Tony suggested the same tune: Charlie Parker's "Scrapple From the Apple."

Enjoy some fine picking from Tony, Jeff Autry, and Noam Pikelny.

What fun!! Thanks so much to Jeff and Noam for making this "tasting" one to remember!!