Thread: Old time fiddle tunes for Mando on Slippery Hill..Kelly Perdue

Default Old time fiddle tunes for Mando on Slippery Hill..Kelly Perdue

There’s a new page on the Slippery Hill website with over 60 old time fiddle tunes recorded on mandolin at slower speed for instructional use, by my good buddy and band mate Kelly Perdue before he passed away, way too early. He ran through each tune just a couple of times...you can listen online or download the sound file as you wish.

If you’re not familiar, Slippery Hill is a great site with tons of source recordings of fiddle tunes, & well worth exploring.

Here’s Kelly’s page: https://www.slippery-hill.com/collection/kelly-perdue

Pete Marshall
    Mando Mafia
    Last edited by Mando Mafia; Aug-30-2018 at 5:30pm. Reason: Hit wrong button, hadn’t finished my post

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mando Mafia For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Old time fiddle tunes for Mando on Slippery Hill..Kelly Perdu

Many thanks for this information Sir. I appreciate it. I’m sorry for the loss of your buddy.

Pete, thank you so much for posting this! Kelly and his music need to be more well known in the larger mandolin community. A lot of tunes here would be hard to find otherwise.

"That's my rabbit my dog caught it" is on my to learn list.

See you soon.
    Charley

A bunch of stuff with four strings

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy View Post
    Many thanks for this information Sir. I appreciate it. I’m sorry for the loss of your buddy.
    You’re very welcome, Lappy, and thanks for the condolences. Kelly passed away in 2005, so the pain has subsided somewhat, but we still miss him a lot. His elder son, Ben, now plays his old F5, and he, together with the twin sons of another member of Mando Mafia, and a couple of other guys, won the same competition at Clifftop that Mando Mafia won all those years ago. It made us very proud. The name of their band...’Take Two’.

Pete

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mando Mafia For This Useful Post:

Pete- I loved your band and Kelly's playing. Thanks for the heads up on those recordings.

BTW Slippery Hill is a fantastic source for recordings of old time music. Donate if you use or download from it. Larry Warren maintains it out of the goodness of his heart.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garber View Post
    Pete- I loved your band and Kelly's playing. Thanks for the heads up on those recordings.

BTW Slippery Hill is a fantastic source for recordings of old time music. Donate if you use or download from it. Larry Warren maintains it out of the goodness of his heart.
    Thanks for the kind words, Jim. When it was suggested to Larry that these recordings be put on his site, he was immediately enthusiastic, and you’re right, Slippery Hill is a great source for recordings, and well worth checking out.

Pete