Thread: The Station Inn: Nashville

I really look like that soliver's Avatar

Default The Station Inn: Nashville

I'll be in Nashville next weekend (9/8-9/10) and plan to attend the Jam at the Station Inn. We are staying right next door at the 404. Are there any Cafe members that frequent this Jam?

Any recommended tunes to work on for this particular Jam?... I have something of a repetior, but curious about the "regular fare" so to speak.
    aka: Spencer
    Silverangel Econo A #429
    Soliver #001 Hand Crafted Pancake

Soliver Hand Crafted Mandolins and Mandolin Armrests
    Armrests Here -- Mandolins Here

"You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage
    to lose sight of the shore, ...and also a boat with no holes in it.” -anonymous

Default Re: The Station Inn: Nashville

Soliver
    I was there last April and very much enjoyed the picking. Try to get there early and get as close as you can to the players. Most of the folks are very good locals and unless you are very good , just wait awhile when they take a break and you can go to picking to if you like.
    Later on they return and do a finale. Great fun. I was like you & stayed next door and after awhile got my mandolin and sat one row back & did my thing. Hope you enjoy it. I'm here in Augusta hope we can pick some day.

When I went there last summer, the jam was a set of concentric circles, literally defining the in-group. Occasionally, they threw a break to a player in the second circle, but the third circle showed guys just wanna have fun. The songs went faster than I can play, so I left my mando in the trunk and just listened for a bit. For me, the jam was interesting, but not fun. Now, seeing Blue Highway play there —- THAT was fun!
    still trying to turn dreams into memories

Is this an Old Time Open Jam that is held on a regular basis?