Thread: How to reply through the classifieds?

Default How to reply through the classifieds?

I have a mandolin for sale in the classifieds, and I got a reply this morning from a potential buyer from Louisville, KY. There was no contact information in the reply, and the email is from "do not reply@mandolincafe".

Am I missing something? Or is there no way to reply unless the sender recontacts me with contact info? I'm guessing the buyer assumes the Cafe' works like Craigslist, and is waiting for me to reply.

I have sold here before, but it was years ago and I don't remember having this problem.

Thanks!
    Riley

Kentucky KM-250

Guitars:
    RainSong SMH
    Blueridge BR-142
    The Loar LH-250
    Recording King RPS-9
    A Strat and a Tele

Default Re: How to reply through the classifieds?

Just a guess, but you will get this email when you have a PM. Check to see is this person sent you a personal message. It should show up when you go here if you are logged in.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

I also recently received a response to an ad here that didn't include the email address. When you reply to an ad there is an email field and it looks to require an email be entered before submitting the form. So maybe there is a bug with the way the form is being processed on the server?

Actually, just took a look at the email in question I had received, and it looks like the Reply-To field is being set properly (i.e. with a real email address and not the do not reply address). I use Gmail and when I replied, it populated the To field with the do not reply address. So maybe it's just an email client issue and not anything at all wrong with the email processing here.

Not sure what email client you're using. Most have a way to view original. That might give you the email address you need to reply to the interested party.

Good luck!
    Last edited by geoffa; Aug-29-2018 at 9:34am. Reason: Added more information.

The potential buyer did recontact me, so problem solved. May be an issue for others, though.

Thanks for the replies.
    Riley

Kentucky KM-250

Guitars:
    RainSong SMH
    Blueridge BR-142
    The Loar LH-250
    Recording King RPS-9
    A Strat and a Tele

Blog Entries

Click "Reply" in your email program when you're reading the note they sent you from the Classifieds.

A valid email address is required to send that reply to you and it will be in the To field on your end. It's no different than replying to the most basic email someone would send you.