Thread: Rob Meldrums' free ebook

Default Rob Meldrums' free ebook

*Stay tuned to find out how to get a free ebook for setting up your new mandolin!*
    I'm very new here having just received my first mandolin tree days ago. I've been looking around this forum those three days trying to find help - my brand new instrument sounds, well it sounds like s***.
    After I read a few posts I figured out that my poor new mandolin needed a proper set up. While I did my research I found thread after thread siting one Rob Meldrum and his free ebook for new instrument set-up. It seems one need only email Rob Meldrum at rob.meldrum@gmail.com and include 'Mandolin Setup' in the subject line.
    I'm a musician (though this will be my first strings) and fairly handy with instrument repair so I decided to give it a try. I sent my email and in less than 24 hours I received his reply. Not only did I get the promised ebook which was well written and edited but Rob included links to two YouTube videos which portrayed before and after setup conditions.
    This information has a great value but Rob is giving it to you free! I highly recommend this opportunity.

Default Re: Rob Meldrums' free ebook

I also just got this from Rob and definitely recommend it. I haven't had a chance to put it into practice (work getting in the way of mandolins), but it's well written and very detailed. I'll be spending some quality time with my mandolin over the next couple days.

Yes that book is stuffed with useful info on seting up a mandolin and just generallyhandy knowledge.
    PS - You should also search "mandolin setup" on YouTube. Many great videos showing people doing exactly what you will be needing to do. There are multiple elementary lessons to jump start your playing as well.
    We are the music makers,
    And we are the dreamers of dreams

Hey there; a big shout out to Rob Meldrum for sharing his ebook. What a great resource!

-Mike

What a great resource. I learnt so much from reading this and great videos.

Many thanks

I just received Rob's free book. It has a lot of good information in it and is well written. I'm looking forward to the challenge of tuning my Rogue mandolin. Thank you Rob.

Big thanks to Rob Meldrum for sending me your free ebook!!! Such a great resource filled with more information than I expected! This ebook gives a complete description of how to completely setup your mandolin and provides information for useful tools that will come in handy for years of servicing your own mandolin! Save the money on a new setup and get this ebook from Rob! You won’t regret it.
    Last edited by Rushglass; Sep-16-2018 at 8:52pm.
    Washburn M1S
    Washburn XB100
    Larrivèe Acoustic Guitar

Blog Entries

Just received Rob's e-book, and it is outstanding! Detailed, informative, and extremely useful for anyone who has just gotten a new mandolin, or just wants to make sure their mandolin is set up to achieve its maximum potential. I would highly recommend that anyone with a mandolin obtain this book and follow Rob's steps to be sure you are getting the most out of your instrument. He makes even a cheap mandolin sound good.

Thanks to Rob Meldrum for sending his guide about setting mandolin. I fond in this book a lot of infos very useful for carrying the best from my instrument.

10. The following members say thank you to Philou29 for this post:

I used Rob's book to help me improve the action and sound on my inexpensive Ibanez. The results were excellent. A terrific resource

12. The following members say thank you to DaveGinNJ for this post:

Thank you Mr Meldrum for sharing

14. The following members say thank you to Gordon.arras@gmail.com for this post:

Thanks!

thanks Rob for the ebook!

Thank you! This should be really helpful!

Thanks Rob, very helpful!

Great eBook and much thanks to Rob for sharing!!!

Big thanks to Rob for providing such a thorough and thoughtful guide. For some new to Mandolin it's extremely helpful. Good stuff Rob!

I’m here to say the same. Thank you Rob for your generosity in sharing the book with new players like me. It’s a well written, clear, and thorough guide to setup. Cheers!

Clueless as to mandolin setup so many thanks for the free ebook. I'll compare things with my recent MD505 purchase and check stuff out. Pretty comfortable with guitar stuff but mando, nope.

Thanks so much for the book. Well written, great information. Thanks again Rob.
    Women and Rhythm Section First. Jaco
    Gibson F5-G
    1974 Fender Jazz Bass
    1962 Gibson ES-355
    1969 Roman Teller Violin

Great resource thanks.

Easy to read, looking forward to using it on my new mandolin