Thread: What tune is this?

Default What tune is this?

Hope I don't brake any rules here by asking for the name on this tune played on guitar and putting it under "Bluegrass" while it might actually sort under a different genre.(?)

The tune sounds so familiar to me and I could swear I have it on CD but I have failed at finding it.
    Anyone know?

The Amateur Mandolinist Mark Gunter's Avatar
    South of Cleburne, North of Hillsboro, Texas

Default Re: What tune is this?

Doesn't sound like a tune to me, more like a snippet of original composition, but maybe you could find out for sure by asking this guy at his YouTube channel page. There's a section there for "Discussion" and looks like he answers questions. https://www.youtube.com/user/johntho...tar/discussion

You won't get in any trouble for posting this under Bluegrass, but I'm sure you understand this isn't bluegrass ... not even close.

That's not in the same ballpark, heck that ain't even the same sport.
    WWW.THEAMATEURMANDOLINIST.COM
    ----------------------------------
    "Life is short. Play hard." - AlanN

----------------------------------
    HEY! The Cafe has Social Groups, check 'em out. I'm in these groups:
    Newbies Social Group | The Song-A-Week Social
    The Woodshed Study Group | Blues Mando
    - Advice For Mandolin Beginners
    - YouTube Stuff

Blog Entries

Yep. Ask him in the comment section below his video. He’ll get a notice that you asked

Thank You for the replies. So, maybe it isn't an actual song, at least not a generally known one?
    The reason I asked here instead of in the comments of the vid is that there are questions among those comments that remains unanswered after one year so I figured the Youtuber in question is not active anymore. I have placed a question there now though.

John Thomas has a website. Below is a link to his contact page. It sounds like it might be a song that he wrote, but I really don't know.

http://www.johnthomasguitar.com/contact.html

Svea

6. The following members say thank you to Svea for this post:

sfe 

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gunter View Post

You won't get in any trouble for posting this under Bluegrass, but I'm sure you understand this isn't bluegrass ... not even close.

That's not in the same ballpark, heck that ain't even the same sport.
    Definitely bleu gas!

Something familiar about it. Like an old Bruce Cockburn song that I never paid attention too?

Very well....
    The song is called "The Last Time I saw Home", written by John Pell. I still have to find out where I recognize it from though.
    A big Thank You to all participants here and an even larger Thank You to John Thomas who replied to my mail.