Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pango Mandocello

Default Re: Pango Mandocello

NotMelloCello, I deleted our exchange of messages back and forth, but if I remember correctly it was around $150 (maybe $200) less without the finish. I'm fine with the finish to be honest, and although it's probably a type polyurethane or something similar, it doesn't look to be applied terribly thick. If I'd had the time avaliable when I got it, I may have opted to do a higher quality finish nitrocellulose or french polish myself, but it wasn't a deal breaker.

Okay, thanks. Filed for future reference.
    The difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Sharing the sound of my recently acquired Pango Alfanti octave mandolin with the TI mittel strings. Happy with the sound, playability and craftsmanship. I think $1500 is the reasonable limit for these instruments, since the build quality is decent and they use all solid woods. Pro tip, this 20” scale mando fits perfectly in the Golden Gate hard shell case c1511.

Last edited by Algreen; Jan-13-2020 at 8:00pm.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Algreen For This Useful Post:

Thank you for that, Algreen. I came to this thread because I really want an f-style OM and can't afford a Weber. Pictures are fine but they don't tell you how playable an instrument is, or what it sounds like. Yours sounds pretty good, and since you're playing it I'm guessing its pretty playable too! What strings do you have on it? Did you have any setup issues to attend to when it arrived, like Jonathan described with his mandocello? (I'm guessing they probably sell more OM's than MC's...)