Thread: Steven's Mandolins

Default Steven's Mandolins

I have had my Steven's mandolin for many years and I have been amazingly happy with it. One thing that I have not some across is much comment here in the Cafe about these great instruments.

I know that Tom Rozun, and Paul Glasse, and Don Stiernberg are a few of the guys out there playing a Steven's...

It was amazing to see one actually for sale in the classifieds.... rare as hen's teeth !!

One of the things that I have loved about the instrument that I have is... how quiet it is. No humming, no crackle, no hiss.... I think that Don S has commented somewhere about the same sentiments.

How many folks in here actually have had one in their hands, and how many have played one extensively ??

It is the second 5 sring that I have had... the other is a 5 course, paired string fan fret mando/mandola from L Smart.... Once you get used to the low C, it really opens up great potential.
    John D

2. The following members say thank you to JFDilmando for this post:

Default Re: Steven's Mandolins

I couldn't tell you the last time I saw one for sale. I've seen/played two, and that didn't reduce how much I wanted one.

I believe that the one in the classifieds is one that Mike Stevens has included in his gallery of instruments on his website.... So, it is one he has been proud to picture as an example of his work
    John D

Mike Stevens instruments are amazing guitars and mandolins. I've learned an amazing amount of stuff about using templates from him. He's very ingenious and a good guy too!