Thread: Tyler White

Default Tyler White

Let me first say that while I am no means an expert on anything I know a little about building instruments. Ive been playing for 33 years now and build banjo and guitars for a living. Ive also owned some good mandolins, although ive only been playing mandolin for a month Ive owned a Weber Fern, Gibson F5, some Ky mandolins and now a Hayes, again not saying im an expert but just trying to say I feel like I know a good instrument when I see or hear/play one.

Im also in the process of building myself a mandolin but there is a builder I ran across that I was so impressed with that I had to order one of his mandolins even though the wait is getting longer and longer I felt it was well worth the wait. I had some questions as to what I wanted exactly so I was able to contact Mr White and told him I was in Asheville NC this weekend and he set up a meeting for me to see#11 from a great guy. This was Tylers first Varnish finish on a mandolin and all I can say is wow. The fit and finish were as good as Ive seen on 10-12K mandolins and it played and sounded like a dream. I cant say enough about how blown away I was and am, I cant wait to get mine.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to banjomanwv For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Tyler White

Son, MAS has hit you hard. For only playing for month and to have gone through that many mandolins is beyond belief.
    In my 10+ years I have only had 5 mandolins and the last one for 8 years. Good Luck I hope you find a real keeper.

Default Re: Tyler White

Haha......that was just misunderstood. Ive dealt in buying and trading instruments for the last 12 years. The Weber and some of the other ones I owned in the past I have had the two Kentucky's the Gibson and the Hayes in the past month but those are mandolins that I traded for and turned around and moved for-profit the Hayes is the one I kept. Ive only started playing mandolin for about a month. Im a banjo player or try to be...lol