Thread: Buying/Selling Process on mandolincafe.com

Default Buying/Selling Process on mandolincafe.com

I’m new here and just agreed to purchase. What are the next steps? How am I covered?

Appreciate the info and as a guitar player, I’m looking forward to learning/playing mandolin!

Default Re: Buying/Selling Process on mandolincafe.com

Questions are best before buying ! Kind of like putting the cart before the horse !

Usually payment via whatever method you and the seller work out, then shipping at whatever speed (i.e., overnight vs ground vs other) you and the seller work out. Then, lots of prayer for safe shipping. Then, the worst part: having to let it acclimate for a few hours before you open and play it!

I've bought at least 6 instruments via the classifieds and traded a couple as well, and have never had issues, other than a shipping delay of about a week that was USPS's fault, not the shipper's. Protection tends to lie in how you paid (Paypal has policies in place, for example), shipping insurance purchased, and the integrity of the classifieds, which Scott and Dan work very hard to maintain.

Congratulations, and welcome to the obsession! What'd ya get?
    Chuck

Thanks for the info! The seller just sent additional pics and payment/shipping info. It’s comforting to know that Scott & Dan maintain integrity on the site. That must be a big job!

I’m purchasing a Kentucky KM 272 after missing on a km150 & Eastman md310. I thought I had a KM500, but the seller decided not to let her go! Been playing guitar for 40 years and can’t wait to start learning/playing this mando! What a wonderful resource this site is. I’m a buyer that’s definitely going to donate.

Good choice, km272.

There's lots of old threads about classifieds if you want to search: talking to the other party, getting pix/video/soundclips, payment/shipping methods and, yes, seller making the donation.

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/s...elling-a-mando

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/s...sified-section

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/s...uying-Protocol
    Kentucky km900
    Yamaha piano, clarinet, violin; generic cello;
    a pedal steel (highly recommended); banjo, dobro don't get played much cause i'm considerate ;}

Shopping/monitoring prices: vibraphone/marimbas, rhodes, synths, Yamaha brass and double reeds

Agree, nice mandolin! Yes, the classifieds are policed extremely well. There are tons of scam type ads that never make it through the filters, and there have even been individual “problem” sellers and buyers that are not allowed to participate (not many that I can recall through the years, but a couple). It’s much less frustrating to prevent disputes and issues rather than deal with them after the fact.

Enjoy your new Kentucky!!
    Chuck

Thanks, Chuck! Happy to be part of the MC community. Such a great resource that I will continue to support.

~ Jackson

Thanks! Really appreciate the info.