Thread: Weber Yellowstone

Default Weber Yellowstone

This Weber Yellowstone is for sale in my area. Any idea what the going rate is for one of these?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weber.JPG 
Views:	174 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	167592

Name:	Weber 2.JPG 
Views:	200 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	167593

Name:	Weber 3.JPG 
Views:	203 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	167594

Default Re: Weber Yellowstone

Current suggested retail is 3999. Which means you should be able to find it retail 3200-3400. I should think 2400-2500 would be a fair price for an excellent or better example.

That strap button was NOT put on at the Weber shop.
    Don

2016 Weber Custom Bitterroot F
    2011 Weber Bitterroot A
    1974 Martin Style A

Blog Entries

I have seen these in excellent condition used for between $2200-2800.
    2014 BRW F5 #114
    2022 Kentucky KM 950 Master Model

YouTube Original Recording of My composition "Closer Walk"

I'd have to agree with the 3200-3400 new. Also agree around 2300-2500 excellent or better.
    Ray Dearstone #009 D1A (1999)
    Skip Kelley #063 Offset Two Point (2017)
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)
    Hohner and Seydel Harmonicas (various keys)

"Heck, Jimmy Martin don't even believe in Santy Claus!"

Thanks for the replies. I think I was overestimating the used value, but the one near me is still a steal if they can go for ~2300. Seller is only asking $1800, and that is Canadian dollars (so ~$1400 US).

6. The following members say thank you to vetus scotia for this post:

Jump on it. NOW!!!!

8. The following members say thank you to George R. Lane for this post:

===========

Wow! If the instrument is in good shape, you cant go wrong at that price . . . DEFINITELY check it out!

I have not see it, but I have been in touch with the seller. Apparently it is in perfect, as new condition. The photos certainly look good (and I do not mind the strap button in the heel).

Now I just need you respectable and well informed mandolinists to explain this to my wife!

This really is something, as my local used market is a wasteland of $300 Epiphones and Fenders. Once or twice a year a good instrument comes up. There is actually a Montana made, Bruce Weber signed Yellowstone even closer to me, also on for a good price ($2700 Canadian, so ~2100 USD), but that is not an deal I can't resist. This might be.

Good thing is that the market is pretty small here, so this Weber won't go fast.

Quote Originally Posted by vetus scotia View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I think I was overestimating the used value, but the one near me is still a steal if they can go for ~2300. Seller is only asking $1800, and that is Canadian dollars (so ~$1400 US).
    Yes. Now that is like a price of a used Gallatin A which is more or less the Weber entry level.
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)

I have not see it, but I have been in touch with the seller. Apparently it is in perfect, as new condition. The photos certainly look good (and I do not mind the strap button in the heel).

Now I just need you respectable and well informed mandolinists to explain this to my wife!
    Be glad to. I'll explain that I would buy it myself but if I bring one more mandolin home as far as my wife is concerned I might as well bring another woman along with me. Go to the reverb.com web site and show her the current asking prices. I haven't looked here but there may well be some here.
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)

13. The following members say thank you to Bill Kammerzell for this post:

===========

Many years ago there was a local guy who had a music room in his basement, and (for some gift-of-God reason) his wife had no interest in going in to it. All she knew about his guitars was the old guitar case that she saw him constantly carrying in and out of the house. Whenever he bought a new guitar he would simply leave the house with the old empty case, and come back with it full.

Lucky, lucky, lucky man . . . .

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeZito For This Useful Post:

Show her how much money you'll safe by buying this one.....oh, wait..that hasn't worked for me either.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al Trujillo For This Useful Post:

So......did you get it?
    Charley

A bunch of stuff with four strings

This really is something, as my local used market is a wasteland of $300 Epiphones and Fenders. Once or twice a year a good instrument comes up. There is actually a Montana made, Bruce Weber signed Yellowstone even closer to me, also on for a good price ($2700 Canadian, so ~2100 USD), but that is not an deal I can't resist. This might be.

Good thing is that the market is pretty small here, so this Weber won't go fast.
    Dear Mrs vetus scotia,

I am, by most accounts, respectable and well informed. If your husband buys the very well priced mandolin, you will certainly turn a tidy profit on it when he is dead and buried, with the added benefit that it will keep him out of your hair for countless hours at a time, so this is a win win for you.

In your best interests always,

Br1ck
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Br1ck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Br1ck View Post
    Dear Mrs vetus scotia,

I am, by most accounts, respectable and well informed. If your husband buys the very well priced mandolin, you will certainly turn a tidy profit on it when he is dead and buried, with the added benefit that it will keep him out of your hair for countless hours at a time, so this is a win win for you.

In your best interests always,

Br1ck
    I think we have a winner!

I have not pulled the trigger yet (the deal depends upon spousal assent and the arrival of a tax return), but I will let you know.

Dear Mrs vetus scotia,

He could also have much worse and more expensive habits, such as boating (described as a hole in the water people pour money into,) restoring old cars (takes up much space and money,) flying (have you checked out the price of airplane fuel lately?) This mandolin will keep him home and (relatively) quiet and happy.

LadysSolo

23. The following members say thank you to LadysSolo for this post:

mandolin slinger Steve Ostrander's Avatar

Vetus, you can buy it and keep it stashed at my house. I won't say a word.
    Living’ in the Mitten

At this point, all options are on the table!

Unless you're spending the rent money, or the kids' orthodontia, on the mandolin -- is an $1800 (Canadian) expenditure really a major source of marital discord?

My wife used to collect dolls, mainly 1930's-60's composition and hard plastic. Shirley Temples, Dionne quints, Madame Alexander storybook and international dolls. She's recently liquidated her collection, but she had a couple hundred of them at peak. It never occurred to me to attempt to veto her purchases. She was responsible about our overall finances, and I've tried to be the same with my instrument accumulation. (Of course, it's made easier by the fact that I earn enough money "playing out," to cover their costs.)

Sorry, but this "Have to get my spouse's permission to buy a reasonably priced mandolin" sometimes bugs me a bit. As pointed out above, people who are into boats, motorcycles, golf, mountain biking, off-road vehicles, kayaking, or restored "muscle cars," often spend many times that amount on their latest acquisitions. As hobbies go, mandolin playing is pretty inexpensive -- and we're not even discussing the destructive pastimes like compulsive gambling, smoking, or alcohol/drug abuse.

I'm not advocating picking a fight, just saying that if it's not a real blow to the family budget -- and I know for some it is -- this is a chance to pick up a very nice instrument at a bargain price, which is a opportunity anyone could appreciate, even a non-mandolinist.

And, forgiveness is easier to obtain than permission...
    Allen Hopkins
    Gibsn: '54 F5 3pt F2 A-N Custm K1 m'cello
    Natl Triolian Dobro mando
    Victoria b-back Merrill alumnm b-back
    H-O mandolinetto
    Stradolin Vega banjolin
    Sobell'dola Washburn b-back'dola
    Eastmn: 615'dola 805 m'cello
    Flatiron 3K OM

27. The following members say thank you to allenhopkins for this post:

The problem in my household is that Amazon boxes arrive every other day, none cost more than $20-30 , and they would, over six month's time equate to a nice mandolin, but $1800 all at once seems excessive.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

Well, I finally pulled the trigger. That CT 55 was in the case as a nice little bonus. From the serial number I believe this Yellowstone was made in January 2013, just before the move to Bend. So it is a Bruce Weber signed, Logan built Yellowstone. I think it is a keeper. I plan to post a little video after I have changed the strings, but for now, here is one more photo.

Name:	IMG_1011.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	375.2 KB 
ID:	168556

30. The following members say thank you to vetus scotia for this post:

That's a beauty, and you got a screamin' deal on it. Enjoy!

Welcome to the Weber family.

33. The following members say thank you to George R. Lane for this post: