Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gibson Sam Bush model

Default Re: Gibson Sam Bush model

Quote Originally Posted by BradKlein View Post
    As for the differences between the best Sam Bush and the 'best' DMMs I played in those days, that came down to personal taste, I suppose and plenty of players would pick one over the other just based on their idea of what they liked best. I personally preferred the best of the DMMs over any others I played for what seemed to me, a 'classic' bluegrass or Loar-era sound.
    So you prefer the distressed master model as a better bluegrass sound? I hadn't much thought of that one, I don't see many for sale, the MS had one awhile back. I don't like the scooped neck much as I hear pick click when I listen to them played. I don't want to buy a mandolin just because I like the look so I really appreciate the insight given on this forum. I think ultimately I will need to stumble on one somewhere hands on and fall in love before I fork out that money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacraw54 View Post
    Any idea what used DMM's sell for?
    WOW! I found a sold Skaggs DMM on Reverb for $16,500 and a sold DMM on TMS for $14,999. What do they cost new?

I dont think they still make them, my understanding is that they only made about 30 but I could be wrong.

Look at The Wait is Over for Harvey Master Model in General Thread...