Thread: Meeting with Sonny

Default Meeting with Sonny

In my introductory thread here a month or 2 ago I mentioned that I was hoping to have Sonny Morris build me a mandolin. Well, I get to go visit him next week to work out the details on an F5 build. I will also get the opportunity to see what he currently has on hand (nice A5 in the classifieds). I am beyond excited!
    Ruhland #41
    My unnamed build #1
    Various other stringed and percussion tools

Default Re: Meeting with Sonny

Sounds exciting. I've never commissioned a custom build, but watching one come together from the ground up sounds like an adventure. Best of luck to you.
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life." --- Mongo

I drive my there once in a while, but always on the way to somewhere. I need to make it a point to stop sometime. Seems like a nice guy.

Blog Entries

He and his wife are both gracious and interesting folks. I enjoyed my visit with them a couple years ago (and I came home with a new mandolin).
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com