Thread: Tunefox

Default Tunefox

Anyone using Tunefox ?, how do you like it ?

Default Re: Tunefox

Is there anything similar to Tunefox for Android?
    Flatiron 2MW
    Eastman 615

It works on an Android tablet, just set it for desktop mode in chrome. Doing the trial, if you read the interview on here with the creator, there a discount code as well.
    "It doesn't matter how much you invest in your instrument until you invest in you and your ability..."

Kentucky KM-150
    Eastman MD-404
    Eastman MD-305
    Morgan Monroe MFM-300 (passed on to a new player)
    Rover RM-75

Hey y'all, I'm the Co-Founder of Tunefox. Let me know if you have any questions or feedback for me about the app. Also, we have an in-person camp coming up this May in North Carolina and Mike Compton and Joe Walsh are teaching mandolin. Let me know if you're interested in that, too! the website is http://www.tunefox.com/camp

My email is bennett@listenlearnapp.com.
    CEO/Co-Founder
    Listen & Learn, Inc.
    Tunefox

Tunefox
    Listen & Learn

5. The following members say thank you to bsullivan89 for this post:

I really like it but it had some lag with the band on half notes....kinda made it hard to play along with. I really want this to work as I can see where it would be a great tool. I'm on your trial right now, will work with it some more and if the bumps get smoothed out I'll subscribe.
    "It doesn't matter how much you invest in your instrument until you invest in you and your ability..."

Kentucky KM-150
    Eastman MD-404
    Eastman MD-305
    Rover RM-75

Do you have plans to do standard notation? I like the app a lot but I don’t like tab. I like to see and think in notes.

I've been really happy with it - I got a u-bass recently, and it's an excellent way to learn bass parts & variations, having never played bass, along with learning tunes on mandolin. Tons of tunes & new ones being added all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramparte View Post
    Do you have plans to do standard notation? I like the app a lot but I don’t like tab. I like to see and think in notes.
    As someone who also enjoys notation, I agree that it would be an awesome addition to Tunefox. Unfortunately, we don't have any immediate plans for notation but that doesn't mean it'll never happen.

Part of the reason Tunefox is a great app are the 'extra' features like Hide Notes, which allows you to learn partially or wholly by ear. This could be a way around looking at the tab. I know it's not notation but it popped into my head as another way to use the app .

Thanks for checking it out.
    -Bennett
    CEO/Co-Founder
    Listen & Learn, Inc.
    Tunefox

Tunefox
    Listen & Learn

10. The following members say thank you to bsullivan89 for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by bbcee View Post
    I've been really happy with it - I got a u-bass recently, and it's an excellent way to learn bass parts & variations, having never played bass, along with learning tunes on mandolin. Tons of tunes & new ones being added all the time.
    Nice! We're super excited about the addition of bass to Tunefox. Let me know if you have any feedback or tune requests. Thanks for using the app!

-Bennett
    CEO/Co-Founder
    Listen & Learn, Inc.
    Tunefox

Tunefox
    Listen & Learn

I signed up for the free trial and learned Little Maggie. I liked the arrangement — a friend likes to call it in our local jam and I couldn’t find any tabs for it until I saw it on Tunefox. I especially liked that it had two versions/variations.

I didn’t take advantage of the Hide Notes feature but after watching a tutorial video on that, I’m really intrigued. I use the Amazing Slow Downer with mp3s but find that there is still distortion at slow speeds, which makes it difficult and perhaps not as useful for learning by ear. I think that is eliminated or certainly diminished on tunefox, so it might help me learn to hear the notes better.

Even with hide notes the program shows what string you are on. I think my method will be to hide all the notes, turn away from the screen and see if I can work it out a looped section, and then check the screen if I am totallly stuck in order to see at least what string we’re on. I suppose another feature to add to the program (unless it’s already there) could be to hide the string and just have the strum pattern at the bottom so you can be looking at the screen (and still selecting speed and sections to loop) without seeing the string indicated.

Interested to hear how others are making use of Tunefox, especially in the learning by ear department.

Well, either you guys did some tweaks or my android fire tablet like you better now that I have been using it. I expressed some concerns in emails with one of the founders and made it clear that the concerns were holding me back from subscribing. It seems that has been fixed and it works well now in Chrome set to desktop mode.

I was learning a song the other day and clicked on the "shuffle licks" button....it changed part of soldiers joy to a bluesy swing...and I FREAKIN' LOVED IT! That....brought back some of the fun reasons why I chose a stringed instrument.

Rock on....subscription coming soon!

Kentucky KM-150
    Eastman MD-404
    Eastman MD-305
    Rover RM-75