Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Convention of the Classical Mandolin Society of America

Default Re: 2018 Convention of the Classical Mandolin Society of America

Let me add to Doc and David's comments by saying that I agree it was another first rate convention. I can't praise the local host orchestras and the CMSA Board members enough for all of the hard work they put into making things go smoothly.

The Flamingo Resort was a great place for us to gather, despite being exposed to some of the worst outdoor air in the world from the nearby Camp Fire. Most of us don't leave the convention hotel very often anyway.

This year's En Masse orchestra played at a very high level. Thanks to their hard work, preparation, and the always amazing conducting of Dr. Jim Bates they gave one of the finest performances ever on Saturday night. I hope that there will audio/video evidence of this at some point down the line.

I also want to offer many thanks to everyone who stopped by my vendor booth and helped me offset a little of the cost of flying to California by purchasing sheet music books or CDs.

Mostly, though, it was just great to see so many old friends and to make some new ones. I'm looking forward to Bloomington-Normal, IL next October!

John G.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Goodin For This Useful Post:

Or maybe a solo mandocello piece? It was good meeting you, John, enjoyed the open mic performance too.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jim Imhoff For This Useful Post:

Seriously, is the next convention in Bloomington? I MIGHT be able to make that one! Keep us posted....
    "There are two refuges from the miseries of life--music and cats" Albert Schweitzer

6. The following members say thank you to violmando for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by violmando View Post
    Seriously, is the next convention in Bloomington? I MIGHT be able to make that one! Keep us posted....
    Mandolincoln!

https://classicalmandolinsociety.org/

I'm not sure you can sign up yet.

does anyone have the name and/or email address of the gentleman who did the computer work to transcribe the En Masse orchestra parts for Santa Rosa? it was announced and I had a chance to chat with him, but my memory has failed me.
    Thanks for any pointers....

mlewis

"does anyone have the name and/or email address of the gentleman who did the computer work to transcribe the En Masse orchestra parts for Santa Rosa? it was announced and I had a chance to chat with him, but my memory has failed me.
    Thanks for any pointers...."

Lon Hendricks. He is the conductor of the Minnesota Mandolin Orchestra. You can contact him through the MMO website.
    Robert A. Margo