Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Northfield Case Is A Winner!

Default Re: New Northfield Case Is A Winner!

Hi Chris - Many thanks indeed. The end pin slot would certainly allow my Lebeda to fit inside,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

OUTSIDE measurements in case(pun intended) anyone is interested (as in if you store it in a locker at work-will it fit?)

Hi Daryl,
    Total length is 30”

Width at the lower bout is 13 & 1/2

Depth at lower bout is 5 &3/4”

Best regards,

Peter Bagale
    Northfield Mandolins
    877-367-7304 Ext. 1

Well I just pulled the trigger. I've been stewing over it and just went for it. Ended it up going for the natural because of the waterproofing. Liked the Gray more, but wanted to best water resistance plus I can put stickers on the natural better methinks.

My Northfield "natural" arrived earlier today. Without question, the natural is not nearly as protective as my old Calton case, which the natural is replacing. But my gosh...the natural is so much lighter, and considerably more-comfortable to carry around, than the old Calton (maybe the new Caltons are more comfortable than the old Caltons). If you don't feel that you need Calton-type protection, then I would give a big thumbs-up to the Northfield case--very classy case.

Also, FWIW my Calton-fitted Colorado-Case-Company "cover" actually fits the Northfield/natural case (a little "tight", but very OK)--except that the CCC strap holes don't line up at all (this does not matter to me, in that I don't use straps).

I just received my gray Recurve case today and I'm VERY pleased to finally have it in my home... and so are my mandolins!
    When I first saw the Recurve case at Wintergrass a few months ago I got pretty excited... FINALLY someone had combined the best qualities of the Travelite/Gator case with those of the Calton/Hoffee style offerings. Bingo! The Recurve nails the best of both! The case is lightweight, protective and downright gorgeous. I've now seen all 3 models in person, but for me the gray offering takes the case for elegance and protective qualities. I don't know if the woven exterior fabric of the gray is more protective or sturdy than the other exteriors, but I kinda get the feeling it may be. The interior seems to be the same on all the models and both my Kimble A and my Northfield Artist Model fit perfectly in the interior (not at the same time of course!).
    Priced mid-way between the Travelite and the Calton, I feel that the Recurve is a deluxe and luxurious protection for my mandolins that I can afford. And boy is it comfortable to carry around by hand... a GREAT handle on these cases! So there you have it... chalk up another win for another great product offered by the Northfield team. Try it... you'll like it!

Quote - " woven exterior fabric ". There is no woven fabric. The cases are made by pressure forming natural plant fibres which give the case a 'fabric like' texture. From the Northfiled website :- " It utilizes their process for turning plant materials (hemp, flax, kenaf) into a pressed shell using heat and pressure instead of glue.".

I suspect that the natural fibres have a substance which behaves very much like a 'glue',& which holds the fibres together. 'Whatever' - Jakob Winter's Co. has been making such cases for many years,& i'm sure that the same expertise & care for quality has been used in these new cases,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

I hope this clears this up. The gray is a covered version of the natural. It is a woven textile laminated to the natural material in a heat pressing.
    3 distinct colors, exteriors, and textures. All the same manufacturing technique and molding.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Northfield mando For This Useful Post:

" It is a woven textile laminated to the natural material in a heat pressing." Thanks for that info. - it does indeed look as though there's a 'fabric' on the outside,but no mention is given re.that in the case description,hence my personal doubt,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

Redundant post. Mod's please delete.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Tommy View Post
    I'm curious about whether or not the case fits most F-style mandos. I have a Hinde, and am really interested in one of these cases. Thanks in advance!
    My Arches F4, which is built to the Gibson Torch & Wire F4 spec, doesn't fit.