Thread: Feb. 18, 1924

Default Feb. 18, 1924

Yesterday I had a lovely visit with my friend Frank Ford, the Extraordinaire Keeper of Massive Amounts of Knowledge Relating to Acoustical Guitars and Mandolins.

He has a most lovely Gibson F5 signed by L. Loar on the above date. This is an iconic mandolin in wonderful condition that has been acquired by Gryphon. It has the Virzi. The sound is very balanced though not all that loud. I'm sure it will open up a lot with playing. The tone is typical F5. There is a bit of the unusual regarding serial number and such that Frank can explain.

This instrument is available soon and the price mentioned is exceptionally good. Anyone in the market should contact Frank ASAP at Gryphon Stringed Instruments. (I'd buy it if I could.)

Billy

billypackardmandolin.com
    Billy Packard
    Gilchrist A3, 1993
    Weber Fern, 2007
    Stiver Fern, 1990
    Gibson 1923 A2
    Gibson 1921 H1 Mandola
    Numerous wonderful guitars

Default Re: Feb. 18, 1924

Interesting. I hope when it does go up for sale that he posts a ton of pictures... even though I can't afford it either.
    And maybe this skirts the 'Advertise in the Classifieds Only' rule. It's like hearsay advertising.?.
    "I play BG so that's what I can talk intelligently about." A line I loved and pirated from Mandoplumb

3. The following members say thank you to FLATROCK HILL for this post: