Thread: Midwest Banjo Camp Now Offering Jazz Tenor Banjo with Buddy Wacht

Default Midwest Banjo Camp Now Offering Jazz Tenor Banjo with Buddy Wacht

Midwest Banjo Camp, now in its fourteenth year offers banjo instruction in nearly every style including, bluegrass, old-time, classical, newgrass and minstrel. This year the camp is expanding into 4-string banjo and will feature a full tack on tenor banjo led by world renowned jazz banjoist Buddy Wachter. Buddy will offer classes covering a wide variety of topics including:
    •Left- & Right-Hand Tenor Banjo.
    •Basic Technique & How to Practice Single String Melodies with Chord Fillers
    •Understanding Scales, Chords & Chord Patterns on the Fretboard
    •Intro to Chord-Melody Style
    •Back-Up & Fill-Ins
    •Playing Dixieland Jazz on Banjo
    •Swing Jazz on Banjo
    Whether you are an experienced player or just starting out on tenor, this is a rare opportunity to not only study with a master musician, but also to surround yourself with banjo players of all styles. Most camps that offer jazz tenor instruction focus only on traditional jazz and do not have other banjo styles and musical genres represented. Tuned CGDA, tenor is a natural for mandolinist who are already familiar with the tuning in 5ths. There will be lots of jamming in all styles as well, both guided by the instructors plus plenty of impromptu sessions. For those of us who come from bluegrass and old-time roots, this camp is an amazing opportunity to work on your tenor chops and still have lots of great bluegrass and old-time music on hand.
    This will be my fourth year on staff at MBC, and I can assure you that it is a great camp and Ken Perlman always puts together a group of top-notch instructors. The dates are June 7-10, 2018 and it is held on the campus of Olivet College in Olivet Michigan. You can check out the website for more info or to register at: http://midwestbanjocamp.com

Default Re: Midwest Banjo Camp Now Offering Jazz Tenor Banjo with Buddy W

I'm assuming it was a mistake in the multiple postings of this same message. The others have been removed for you. Best of luck with the camp.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

I was trying to post in a couple of different forums. Is that possible? I think the tenor guitar forum would be a good place to have this listed as well.

Buddy Wachter has informed me that all of his 4 string banjo classes at Midwest Banjo Camp will be appropriate to both tenor (CGDA) and plectrum(CGBD) banjo players. He will cover material that will help musicians master musical concepts and physical techniques that will significantly advance your banjo skills on either instrument.