Thread: O Come O Come Emmanuel

Default O Come O Come Emmanuel

I recorded most of this a few years ago, but added a bass part and a bodhran part last week. As we are in Advent, I thought some people here might like to hear it. It features two Mandolins: a Weber Yellowstone Octave, and an Old Wave 10 String Mandola.

Other instruments are 3 different Brook guitars: a Tamar playing the quiet pad sound, a Tavy playing the main fingerpicked part, and a Lowman acoustic bass. The pad part sounds the way it’s does because it is purely the totally wet rever signal from a Strymon Big Sky.

Some horrible ex pupils from a previous school have decided to dislike every video I post now, so it would be nice to some likes, but only if you think it deserves it!!

Robbie

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ukrobbiej For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Default Re: O Come O Come Emmanuel

Hey, hey, everybody - click on the 'youtube' link and give ukrobbiej a like.

Thanks and Happy Christmas, ukrobbiej !
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com

link to youtube (for liking):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYI_rrpZznc

Fine playing and arrangement, Robbie. Sorry to hear of your YouTube misfortunes with some negative-minded teens!
    I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order. - Eric Morecambe

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOldBores

Very nice, thanks for sharing! I don’t have a YT account but isn’t there a way to not allow comments or ratings...I know of a few channels driven off because of trolling, a shame. Anyway, again great video and playing and have a very happy holiday season!
    Northfield F5M #268, AT02 #7