Thread: Anyone had experience buying a mando from Cumberland Acoustic?

Default Anyone had experience buying a mando from Cumberland Acoustic?

I'm looking at getting a The Loar LM-400 and I saw that they sell them on the Cumberland Acoustic site and you can get them with a CA bridge installed. I know Folkmusician and Themandolinstore are both well regarded for shipping well set up, playable-out-of-the-box instruments. Have any of you guys bought an instrument directly from Cumberland Acoustic before? How was the set up? Thanks for the tips!

Default Re: Anyone had experience buying a mando from Cumberland Acoustic

While I have never purchased an instrument directly from CA I live within an hour drive from there and have had them setup 4 different mandolins I have bought used. Setup each time was spot on for my liking, and of course I had him install his bridges as well. He does fantastic work in his shop and he's a great guy to do business with. I would make any purchase with no hesitation.

From everything I’ve read and heard about CA, they are seriously good “Stand up” folks, I would not have any reservations at all from buying from them!
    NFI for that matter, just impressed with how they present themselves
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

Sorry, didn't buy a mandolin but did buy a CA bridge. Product and service were legit. Great company.

Registered User Nathan Kellstadt's Avatar

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase anything from Steve. Every interaction I've had with him was terrific. Quality products, quality service, you can't ask for more.

This Kid Needs Practice Bill Clements's Avatar

Steve made a bridge for my Big Muddy that was a great improvement to the mandolin.
    Nice gentleman to do business with, too.
    "Music is the only noise for which one is obliged to pay." ~ Alexander Dumas

Bought my brentrup through steve.
    I think hes top drawer.

Steve came in on a Saturday, just to work on my Weber. He installed one of his bridges, and did a thorough setup including fret leveling. I have been stunned by the improved playability and tone coming from my Bitteroot. And while there, Steve practically insisted that I play every mandolin he had built in his shop. Just a great guy! His work is top-notch. I live almost 3 hours from Steve's shop, but would make the drive anytime I had a mando that needed work. And I am still thinking about getting one of his flat-top Travelers. They sound awesome. I have no hesitation recommending Steve to anyone, for either buying a mandolin or having any kind of repair or setup work. You will not be disappointed.

You can't get a better set up. Great ser. & good honest people. Set up 4 , dressed frets on 2 , 3 bridges for me. i've drop off ,pick up i've shipped , they shipped back some . twice a year or more i go by . You should happy.

I bought an armrest from them, shipping was very fast and communication was very good.