Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sam Bush Documentary

Default Re: Sam Bush Documentary

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Kelsall View Post
    This morning,i e-mailed the producers of the documentary to ask if they'd very kindly mention the DVD release date on the Cafe - for all us non-Facebook users.

I had a look on Amazon UK yesterday,but couldn't find anything. Just in case i'm not looking for the correct thing,would somebody very kindly please post a link to it on here ?. It would be very greatly appreciated,
    Ivan
    Is this what you were looking for?

https://www.amazon.com/Revival-Sam-B...m+bush+revival
    Make America Grateful Again!

2013 Collings MF, 2017 Northfield NF2S, 2019 Northfield Big Mon F
    1968 Martin D12-20, 2008 Martin HD28, 2022 Martin CEO 7
    1978 Ibanez Artist "Flying Eagle" Masterclone Banjo

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Kelsall View Post
    This morning,i e-mailed the producers of the documentary to ask if they'd very kindly mention the DVD release date on the Cafe - for all us non-Facebook users.

I had a look on Amazon UK yesterday,but couldn't find anything. Just in case i'm not looking for the correct thing,would somebody very kindly please post a link to it on here ?. It would be very greatly appreciated,
    Ivan
    Hey, everyone! Wayne Franklin, co-director of Revival here. I wanted to answer some of the questions about availability.

Before I do that, just let me thank those of you who have been kind enough to rent or buy the film already. I really hope you enjoyed it. It was a delight to make, and we only wish we could've gotten it out to the world sooner.

Now, about distribution...

1. Right now, it is only available on Amazon for rent and purchase in the US.
    2. It should be available in the UK on Amazon next week, but we haven't been told what day yet.
    3. Due to limitations that I still don't understand, we can't make it available for rent or purchase via Amazon in Canada.
    4. DVDs will be available for the holidays. We'll have details about that soon, including possible pre-orders and release date.
    5. To reach Canada and other territories, plus to reach those without Amazon accounts, we will expand to iTunes in the coming months. We'd love for it to happen before the end of the year, but some of the timing is out of our hands. I'll let you know more once we know.

Thanks again!

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wannabefilms For This Useful Post:

I took the plunge and bought it on Amazon. Watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    "If your memories exceed your dreams, you have begun to die." - Anonymous

5. The following members say thank you to FredK for this post:

Set the alarm clock for 6am to get up and watch it uninterrupted this morning. It was fantastic, really enjoyed it. Rented it on Amazon but would certainly buy a “hard” DVD copy for myself and a couple more as gifts for mandolin-friends.
    “Without music, life would be a mistake” Neitzsche

Collings MF5-V
    Kimble A5
    An electric rig with an envelope filter trying to sound like Jerry...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissingString For This Useful Post:

Hi Wayne - I re-read the e-mail that Kris Wheeler sent me after my enquiry - the link to the Amazon site was there. I didn't try any of the offers,as i prefer to await the arrival of the film on DVD. I'm sure that we'd all appreciate another 'heads up' from yourself when it's available,especially those of us ''on the other side of the pond !''.

Many thanks indeed Wayne,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

Hello Wayne , and you all.
    How about distribution to the rest of the world.? To the rest of Europe?
    I'd personally prefer HD stream to DVD to, as Ivan says above, "the other side of the pond".

I can't wait to be able to see the film, I live in Iceland. I was so excited to see that it was up on Amazon but then quickly as annoyed as I was thrilled 5 seconds earlier when I realized that it was limited to the US only at the moment.

Yep. Me and the wife are gonna rent it tonight. We both love Sam and all the gangs he spawned. New Grass, Bluegrass, Dawg music, it's all the same to us mostly. Blessings to all and to our fearless leader Sam.

I'll check with our distributor to see what territories are possible through iTunes. Glad to see there's so much interest around the world!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wannabefilms For This Useful Post:

I certainly plan to purchase it as soon as it comes out on DVD. I live in the boondocks where we get our internet via smoke signals. I’m certain that it’s gonna be amazing!!

Oval holes are cool David Lewis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wannabefilms View Post
    I'll check with our distributor to see what territories are possible through iTunes. Glad to see there's so much interest around the world!
    From Australia, that would be appreciated.

The most frustrating thing in the world is these arbitrary virtual borders - it's no wonder piracy is rife here.

(I won't pirate anything, but I can see why some might...)
    JBovier ELS; Epiphone MM-50 VN; Epiphone MM-40L; Gretsch New Yorker G9310; Washburn M1SDLB;

Fender Nashville Deluxe Telecaster; Squier Modified Vintage Cabronita Telecaster; Gretsch 5420T; Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat: Washburn Banjo B9; Ibanez RB 5string; Ibanez RB 4 string bass

Pedalboard for ELS: Morley Cry baby Miniwah - Tuner - EHX Soul Food Overdrive - EHX Memory Toy analog Delay
    Fender Blues Jr Tweed; Fender Greta;

15. The following members say thank you to David Lewis for this post:

Quote - " Glad to see there's so much interest around the world !" I believe that there are more than 20,000 Cafe members dotted around this planet of ours, & i'd expect a good few of them to have some interest. So making sure that the film is available 'somewhere' known to them is important from a commercial standpoint.

Once again thanks for your interest & input - there's nothing better than ''hearing it from the hoss'' (so to speak !),
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

17. The following members say thank you to Ivan Kelsall for this post:

I definitely enjoyed the watch. Glad that I purchased instead of renting so that I can watch it again a few times. So much great insight into Sam's career and general creativity. I did not know much about the Bluegrass Alliance (before my time) but some of those stories were pretty interesting...
    My girlfriend who is new to bluegrass and had only heard of Sam through hearing a few of his tunes on my playlist also enjoyed the watch, so it isn't just for hardcore mandolin nerds like us!
    Drew
    2020 Northfield 4th Gen F5
    2022 Northfield NFS-F5E
    2019 Northfield Flat Top Octave
    2021 Gold Tone Mando Cello
    https://www.instagram.com/pilotdrew85

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drew Egerton For This Useful Post:

Watched it twice with the wife. Loved it, especially the part about "Diamond Joe" and Doc. Love that song..(C to Em back to C) such a nice modulation. Anyway, I am a bit sappy so, if any of y'all are too, then keep a kleenex handy. ;-) Great movie. Rent or buy it asap.

Blessings

21. The following members say thank you to RustyMadd for this post:

From Drew Edgerton - "...so it isn't just for hardcore mandolin nerds like us !" 'Good' music never is Drew. I've seen Bluegrass 'newbies' at UK festivals almost jumping out of their skins with enjoyment at hearing their first Bluegrass music. It simply proved to me that i couldn't have been completely wrong for 50+ years !!,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

23. The following members say thank you to Ivan Kelsall for this post:

rfloyd 

Rented from Amazon tonight and watched it with the wife. Great show.