Thread: Kentucky KM855 Bella Voce

Default Kentucky KM855 Bella Voce

I have one of these and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them or can give me any insight about them. From what I have found out so far is that they were/are not very well thought of. Mine seems to be well put together and sounds good so I don't know. What are your thoughts? Thanks

Default Re: Kentucky KM855 Bella Voce

Some runs of the KM-855 had serious quality control problems. Some were just fine and have nice straight necks, including most of the Bella Voce inlay ones, however many other KM855 had a really bad neck joint that made them pretty unplayable. If you have a good one, then play the heck out of it! Unfortunately, the KM855 took a hit pricewise for resale, because so many of them were poorly made.

Mine seems to be a nice one with the inlayed neck. Just had it set up and it sounds good too. I just didn't know why they seemed to have a bad rep. I really wish it didn't have that cheesey gold hardware, but I can live with it . LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Torpedotom View Post
    Mine seems to be a nice one with the inlayed neck. Just had it set up and it sounds good too. I just didn't know why they seemed to have a bad rep. I really wish it didn't have that cheesey gold hardware, but I can live with it . LOL
    If you got a good one, they are great. They just made a few runs with really bad necks with a kink at the neck joint and it is impossible to know from afar if they have problems or not, so the value on the used market via internet is low.