Thread: This was interesting.

Default This was interesting.

I signed up for a website today called Pinterest and found loads of mandolins in the mandolin section. It's really worth a look even if it's just to view the eye candy.
    I never fail at anything, I just succeed at doing things that never work....

Fylde Touchstone Walnut Mandolin.
    Gibson Alrite Model D.

2. The following members say thank you to G7MOF for this post:

Default Re: This was interesting.

I created a pinterest account specifically to catalogue my mandolins so I'd have a photo record if any got stolen.... come to think of it, I haven't logged on in a while. thanks for the reminder!
    --------------------------------
    1920 Lyon & Healy bowlback
    1923 Gibson A-1 snakehead
    1952 Strad-o-lin
    1983 Giannini ABSM1 bandolim
    2009 Giannini GBSM3 bandolim
    2011 Eastman MD305

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randi Gormley For This Useful Post:

Default Re: This was interesting.

Good to find out that Pinterest is actually useful for something. I had no clue!

It had actually become a pet-peeve of mine when doing Google searches for non-image things. Pinterest sites were always clogging up my search results, until I remembered the minus-sign operator in Google searches. Just put a minus sign or a dash, immediately in front of any word you do *not* want to appear in search results. So I started doing Google searches with a "-pinterest" appended to whatever it is I'm actually searching for, to exclude all Pinterest sites.

However, I may have to reconsider my blanket excluding of Pinterest pages in web searches.

I guess from reading the two posts above, if a person actually *is* looking for *pictures* of stuff, and not the actual item itself, then Pinterest sounds like it could be useful.

6. The following members say thank you to Jess L. for this post:

G7MOF