Thread: Red Valley Bouzouki

Default Red Valley Bouzouki

Hi all!

Just purchased a Red Valley Bouzouki from Fiddler's Green out of Austin TX. I just quickly wanted to review the thing in case anyone else was eyeballing these. So I was looking for a zouk somewhee in the 1,500 range and as luck would have it FG listed one on the classified section here for exactly that price. First, Fiddler's Green was friendly and very helpful at answering my questions and concerns and I will definitely do business with them in the future.

So I ordered the thing and got it a few days ago. My first impression was the grain of the wood. The finish on this instrument is very well done and natural, so you can see every pore and groove in the wood. After giving it a few strums it seemed like the sound just resonated all the way up the neck. She's light but feels sturdy. The soundboard is slightly arched which gives it some real punch. The neck is thinner than my Martin guitar, and the action of the strings is super low--so playing this thing is effortless and smooth. It comes with a nice hard shell case that looks like it was originally made for a banjo maybe, but the fit is nearly perfect.

To sum it up, this is easily the finest instrument in my arsenal. I am very happy that I chose to do business with Red Valley, and certainly Fiddler's Green.

Default Re: Red Valley Bouzouki

Hi and welcome! I've played around on that very instrument in the shop. Truly beautiful, with a gorgeous chiming tone! I love the refined minimalism of the Red Valley instruments - they're gorgeous to look at without being flashy.

I might have snapped that one up myself if I didn't already have its little sister in the form of a Red Valley-made Lafferty OM. You're gonna love that zouk!

Default Re: Red Valley Bouzouki

Link to Red Valley website. Nice variety of "flat top" instruments.
    Allen Hopkins
    Gibsn: '54 F5 3pt F2 A-N Custm K1 m'cello
    Natl Triolian Dobro mando
    Victoria b-back Merrill alumnm b-back
    H-O mandolinetto
    Stradolin Vega banjolin
    Sobell'dola Washburn b-back'dola
    Eastmn: 615'dola 805 m'cello
    Flatiron 3K OM