Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eastman 315 upgrade suggestion, just 1

Default Re: Eastman 315 upgrade suggestion, just 1

Quote Originally Posted by fidlplr1979 View Post
    Cumberland Acoustics bridge. Hands down the best, most notable upgrade sound-wise that I made to my Eastman 615.
    Another vote for this.

It doesn't have to be an either/or. Get a CA bridge for now, and start putting away for a future mando.

When/if you get an upgraded mando, and you sell your Eastman, you can put the old bridge back on there, and you can sell the CA bridge by itself here on the MC and get some/most of your money back. So in the end, it'll cost you very little to upgrade.
    Chris Cravens

Girouard A5
    Montana Flatiron A-Jr.
    Passernig Mandola
    Leo Posch D-18

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    Though it probably happens around here occasionally, the "upgraded" mandolin usually doesn't solve much. I'm living proof.

Bought a $400 Eastman once. Played it. Shrugged. Got a CA bridge installed. Liked the change but still ended up shrugging. Sold the Eastman, lost all the upgrade money, etc etc.

Got a Collings. Loved it and still do. But still sort of shrugged, and finally realized it's not really about the mandolin but about making music on it.

If I had all to do over again, I'd still be playing and enjoying my first mandolin: a $62 eBay Kentucky that had been destroyed and repaired. If nothing else, that instrument had a cool story attached to it.

YMMV.
    After spending 20 years horse trading electric guitars, I decided the mandolin I have now is the one I'm going to play. Rather than chasing something more expensive, I decided to be happy with it. As a result, I'm quite happy with it.
    Soliver arm rested and Tone-Garded Northfield Model M with D’Addario NB 11.5-41, picked with a Wegen Bluegrass 1.4

My Florida is scooped pheffernan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    Though it probably happens around here occasionally, the "upgraded" mandolin usually doesn't solve much. I'm living proof.

Bought a $400 Eastman once. Played it. Shrugged. Got a CA bridge installed. Liked the change but still ended up shrugging. Sold the Eastman, lost all the upgrade money, etc etc.

Got a Collings. Loved it and still do. But still sort of shrugged, and finally realized it's not really about the mandolin but about making music on it.

If I had all to do over again, I'd still be playing and enjoying my first mandolin: a $62 eBay Kentucky that had been destroyed and repaired. If nothing else, that instrument had a cool story attached to it.

YMMV.
    I think your MT has a cool story attached to it.

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/s...Dream-Realized
    1924 Gibson A Snakehead
    2005 National RM-1
    2007 Hester A5
    2009 Passernig A5
    2015 Black A2-z
    2010 Black GBOM
    2017 Poe Scout
    2014 Smart F-Style Mandola
    2018 Vessel TM5
    2019 Hogan F5

4. The following members say thank you to pheffernan for this post: