Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lick of the Day

Default Re: Lick of the Day

Today’s lick is the last in the series of Train Songs. Today is part 1 of 4 of a mandolin break on the old Woody Guthrie tune This Train is Bound for Glory (key of A) We kick it off over the A chord. Cheers!
Want free TABS for the licks? Check out the link below!

#mandolinsandbeer #mandolinlessons #playeveryday #gibson #gibsonusa #mandolin #mandolinplayer #mandolincafe

Today’s lick is the last in the series of Train Songs. Today is part 2 of 4 of a mandolin break on the old Woody Guthrie tune This Train is Bound for Glory (key of A) We kick it off over the A chord. Cheers!

Want free TABS for the licks? Check out the link below.

#mandolinsandbeer #mandolinlessons #playeveryday #gibson #gibsonusa #mandolin #mandolinplayer #mandolincafe

Today’s lick is the last in the series of Train Songs. Today is part 3 of 4 of a mandolin break on the old Woody Guthrie tune This Train is Bound for Glory (key of A) Today we go from A to A7 to D then D7. Cheers!

Want free TABS for the licks? Check out my link below.

Today’s lick is a lick I️ picked up from the incredible Matt Flinner. It’s from a version of East Tennessee Blues that he and the equally incredible Mike Compton have floating around on the Youtube. Look it up and enjoy.

BTW, want the free TABS for these licks??

Check out the link below.

Today’s lick is a part 2 from a solo i picked up from the incredible Matt Flinner. It’s from a version of East Tennessee Blues that he and the equally incredible Mike Compton have floating around on the Youtube. Look it up and enjoy.

BTW, want the free TABS for these licks?? Check out the link below

Today’s lick is a part 3 from a solo i picked up from the incredible Matt Flinner. It’s from a version of East Tennessee Blues that he and the equally incredible Mike Compton have floating around on the Youtube. Look it up and enjoy.

BTW, want the free TABS for these licks?? Check out the link below.

Today’s lick is the final lick I️’ll be doing from East Tennessee Blues by Matt Flinner and Mike Compton. This time we take another crack at Mr. Compton’s licks. It’s a great study of two phenomenal players that both have different approaches to tunes. Some great double stops from The Man!...Fun stuff!
    Check out the video here......https://youtu.be/Z9Abc_aH828 Lots of great licks! Cheers!

Check out link below.

In honor of going to see the Dawg tonight, today’s lick is the first half of the opening to Zorro’s Last Ride off of his incredible new release with Tommy Emmanuel! You should purchase it immediately, the entire collection is a lesson in tone and technique.....stoked to see them play it live tonight! Cheers!

Check out the link below!

Today’s lick is part 2 from the Dawg and Tommy Emmanuel tune Zorro’s Last Ride. You really should check this album out! I️ think the rest of the licks this week will be the “7 Days of Grisman!” Cheers!

The Amateur Mandolinist Mark Gunter's Avatar
    South of Cleburne, North of Hillsboro, Texas

That album ranks high in my "want" list. Man, I love the sound of the Zorro lick (pt 1 & 2), thanks
    WWW.THEAMATEURMANDOLINIST.COM
    ----------------------------------
    "Life is short. Play hard." - AlanN

----------------------------------
    HEY! The Cafe has Social Groups, check 'em out. I'm in these groups:
    Newbies Social Group | The Song-A-Week Social
    The Woodshed Study Group | Blues Mando
    - Advice For Mandolin Beginners
    - YouTube Stuff

Today’s lick is part 1 from the Dawg and Tommy Emmanuel version of Tispsy Gypsy. This is part of my “7 Days of Grisman” PS sorry I missed yesterday. Food poisoning......terrible.

Today’s lick is part 2 from the Dawg and Tommy Emmanuel version of Tispsy Gypsy. This is part of my “7 Days of Grisman”

Check out link below.

Happy Thanksgiving!!
    Today’s lick is from the tune Albuquerque Turkey...fitting I believe. This lick is taken from the Josh Pinkham Benny Thomasson album. Dawg plays on this track although I’m pretty sure it’s Josh on this lick. This is part 5 of my “7 Days of Grisman”

Today’s lick is a bluesy intro to Brakeman’s Blues by the Dawg off of the Dawg & Del release. This is part 6 of my “7 Days of Grisman”

Also, I’ve got a cool giveaway coming up for lick 100 so stay tuned for that. Please follow me on Facebook, Instagram or my sub reddit
    r/MandolinlickoftheDay .

Got a little busy with gigs and the holiday but free tabs for Licks 72-83 are now posted on my site. The link is below in my signature. Cheers!

I’m going to see Dead and Company in Charlotte this week so I’ve got a few Dead inspired licks. Here’s part 2 of 3 for an intro to Deep Elem Blues in the key of E. This lick is over the A chord and back to the E.

Also, I’ve got a cool giveaway coming up for lick 100 so stay tuned for that. Please follow me on Facebook, Instagram or my sub reddit
    r/MandolinlickoftheDay .

17. The following members say thank you to danielpatrick for this post:

Here’s part 3 of 3 for an intro to Deep Elem Blues in the key of E. This lick is over the B chord and back to the E. Fun lick! Cheers!

r/MandolinlickoftheDay .

So Dead and Co. were great last night! Fun times in Charlotte. So let’s keep moving with some solo licks for Deep Elem. Today’s lick is over the E chord.

I’ll be announcing the details for the giveaway in a few more days. I’ll “Pick” a winner on Dec 1st. There will be no purchase necessary all you need to do is either follow my Facebook page or my Instagram @mandolinsandbeer or my Reddit page and watch for instructions. PS. If you follow all three you increase you odds of winning!

#mandolinsandbeer #mandolinlessons #playeveryday #gibson #gibsonusa #mandolin #mandolinplayer #mandolincafe #bluechippicks

20. The following members say thank you to danielpatrick for this post:

A few more licks left in the Deep Elem series. yesterday was a lick over the E chord. Today is the first half of the lick over the A chord. Tomorrow will be the other half( which is the A back to E) Cheers!

I’ll be announcing the details for the giveaway in a few more days. I’ll “Pick” a winner on Dec 1st. There will be no purchase necessary all you need to do is either follow my Facebook page or my Instagram @mandolinsandbeer, my Youtube channel or my Reddit page www.reddit.com/r/mandolinlickoftheday and watch for instructions. PS. If you follow all 4 you increase you odds of winning!

Today’s lick is the final lick in the Deep Elem blues series. This one is played over a B chord.
    Cheers!

I’ll be announcing the details for the giveaway in a few more days. I’ll “Pick” a winner on Dec 1st. There will be no purchase necessary all you need to do is either follow my Facebook page www.facebook.com/mandolinsandbeer or my Instagram @mandolinsandbeer, my Youtube channel or my Reddit page www.reddit.com/r/mandolinlickoftheday and watch for instructions. PS. If you follow all three you increase you odds of winning!

This week I’ll be showing solo ideas and licks for the Old Time tune Cold Frosty Morning. There are a ton of cool versions out there. When ever I’m working up a new tune, I try to listen to as many versions as I can, and regardless of what instrument is taking the breaks, I try and find some inspiration to run with. Here’s Solo lick 1 over the Am chord.
    Cheers!

I’ll be announcing the details for the giveaway in a few more days. I’ll “Pick” a winner on Dec 1st. There will be no purchase necessary all you need to do is either follow my Facebook page, my Instagram @mandolinsandbeer, my Youtube channel or my Reddit page www.reddit.com/r/mandolinlickoftheday and watch for instructions. PS. If you follow all three you increase you odds of winning!

24. The following members say thank you to danielpatrick for this post:

Here’s Solo lick 2 from Cold Frosty Morning. Today is over the G chord.
    Cheers!

I’ll be announcing the details for the giveaway in a few more days. I’ll “Pick” a winner on Dec 1st. There will be no purchase necessary all you need to do is either follow my Facebook page, my Instagram @mandolinsandbeer, my Youtube channel or my Reddit page and watch for instructions. PS. If you follow all three you increase you odds of winning!

Today’s lick is number 3 in the Cold Frosty Morning series.......BTW check out this version by Josh Pinkham....good stuff! https://youtu.be/O5xZYqH7y9U

Tomorrow I’ll be announcing the details for the giveaway. I’ll “Pick” a winner on Dec 1st. There will be no purchase necessary all you need to do is either follow my Facebook page, my Instagram @mandolinsandbeer, my Youtube channel or my Reddit page and watch for instructions. PS. If you follow all three you increase you odds of winning!

#mandolinsandbeer #mandolinlessons #playeveryday #gibson #gibsonusa #mandolin #mandolinplayer #mandolincafe #bluechippicks

Now that you’ve got a solo’s worth of Licks from the last 3 videos, here’s a lick you can toss in there! Cheers

Don’t forget to go to my Facebook page (Link Below) and watch the video on how to enter the Blue Chip pick giveaway!

Today’s lick is part one of two and it is a cool lick to play in the B section when the Am becomes an A major. This lick leads right into tomorrows. Cheers!

Don’t forget to go to my Facebook page and watch the video on how to enter the Blue Chip pick giveaway!