Thread: Choro manual coming online

Default Choro manual coming online

2. The following members say thank you to assanhado for this post:

DougC 

Blog Entries

Default Re: Choro manual coming online

Looks like a nice resource from a Brazilian school. As far as I could tell, there is no translation. Can someone translate for us here?
    Decipit exemplar vitiis imitabile

Quote Originally Posted by DougC View Post
    ... Can someone translate for us here?
    Some snippets from the automated Google Translate, hopefully "fair use" of copyrighted material since it's only a small portion of the manualdochoro.com.br page:

"... The Manual is accompanied by a CD with more than 130 tracks of exercises, traditional choros, unpublished choros and playbakcs to practice the concepts learned....

"HENRIQUE GRANDSON
    Guitarist... graduated in Music degree from the University of Brasilia, ... coordinator of the Brazilian School of Choro Raphael Rabello.... for more than ten years he has been part of the Choro Livre group.... He has performed on stages from four continents.

"EDUARDO MAYA
    Bandolinist, composer and music producer, ... professor of the Brazilian School of Choro Raphael Rabello for five years. In the last ten years he has performed shows and workshops abroad, especially Europe, United States and Canada. And since 2011 he heads the Centrum Choro Workshop, the largest event dedicated exclusively to Choro in the United States...."

Hmm, now that's interesting, Centrum Choro... Centrum is that thing in Port Townsend (Washington state, west coast of US) that has the week-long Fiddle Tunes camp that's been going since the late 1970s.

Anyway, as to whether there's any English inside the actual printed manual itself, I have no clue... although I did notice that the book's picture shows some small-print English lettering below the title.

Blog Entries

I hope that some informed people will follow up on this book / CD offering.

As for Centrum Fiddle camp, it is always the top names in any field. I wonder how they get such fine players from ALL areas? I have worked with the Klezmer teachers and know first hand that they are the core of klezmer technique in the world.
    Decipit exemplar vitiis imitabile

6. The following members say thank you to DougC for this post:

Hi,
    I asked Henrique (Neto) via FBook Messenger if there was going to be an English language edition and he didn't really answer me explicitly. I put this down to a suspected lack of a facility with English and that he therefore didn't really get what I was asking.

I'm about to ask him again and I'll report back,
    Last edited by assanhado; Aug-19-2017 at 10:44pm.

Hi,
    Henrique confirms that "Yes, it is translated To english".
    Last edited by assanhado; Aug-19-2017 at 10:43pm.

9. The following members say thank you to assanhado for this post:

Fantastic. I organized Dudu's first two workshops in NYC a few years ago. He is an excellent olayer and teacher and a sweet guy. Interesting that his is writing the book under his formal name.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1