Thread: Eastman mandolin give away??

Default Eastman mandolin give away??

Well it looks like I didn`t win the Eastman mandolin BUT I did get about 15 spam e mails that have popped up shortly after I sent them my e mail address...Is this normal for a company to sell e mail address`s to a lot of other companies?

I might be mistaken that those emails were because I entered the contest, maybe it just worked out that way...Anyone else get them?

Willie

Default Re: Eastman mandolin give away??

Didn't sign up, and didn't get the spam.
    Before I give my email address, I look over the privacy notice, some sell your info.
    2021 The Loar LM700 VS

===========

I DID sign up, and got NO spam . . . .

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeZito For This Useful Post:

No spam here, at least not yet...
    Chuck

Blog Entries

Well I didn't win and no spam here!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Poole View Post
    Well it looks like I didn`t win the Eastman mandolin BUT I did get about 15 spam e mails that have popped up shortly after I sent them my e mail address...Is this normal for a company to sell e mail address`s to a lot of other companies?

I might be mistaken that those emails were because I entered the contest, maybe it just worked out that way...Anyone else get them?

Willie
    You did not send Eastman your email address, nor did we. Your accusation is incorrect and misinformed on all accounts. The story should end there but allow me to elaborate since you made the public accusation--which I think deserves your public apology, but won't expect because I intend to close this discussion. Do not start another thread in regard to this baseless nonsense.

Eastman has not, and is not receiving copies of the email addresses from the giveaway. There's no reason they should. We have not even communicated to them in regard to the giveaway, though they are likely aware. I have no idea since there's been no communication between us. This was solely between the Mandolin Cafe and The Mandolin Store.

The Mandolin Store paid for the mandolin being given away up front. It is being delivered from The Mandolin Store. Eastman was only named because the mandolin was built by them but they had virtually nothing else to do with the giveaway. The entire giveaway was administered by the Mandolin Cafe, and all addresses were stored off-web, inaccessible, on the Mandolin Cafe server under only our control, and even The Mandolin Store did not receive copies of the opt-in addresses until over 24 hours after the giveaway. Dennis hasn't even added those to his mailing list.

Your report of A + B equals C is wrong and misinformed on every front. Lots of people receive spam. This giveaway had virtually nothing to do with it.

In this case, yet again, the internet proves that no good deed shall go uncriticized and unpunished.
    Last edited by Mandolin Cafe; Jun-04-2017 at 2:33pm.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mandolin Cafe For This Useful Post: