Thread: KR Strings mandola and mandolin prototypes

Blog Entries

Default KR Strings mandola and mandolin prototypes

Following information came via email this afternoon and though worth sharing in lieu of a news release. We're only posting the information. Kilin (of KR Strings) is a member of the forum so questions can be directed to him and he is welcome to weigh in:

-------------------

Wanted to share the arrival of the prototypes for the Mandola and Mandolin version of the Octave mandolins I designed. These are available in very limited supply from KR Strings only, and I am very pleased with the tone and feel. For those of you that have enjoyed the octave, these two new members of the family will be a welcome addition to the pack. With strong, resonant and individual voices each size has a niche to fill and ability to complement the whole. I will be adding sound clips soon.

I also have Terz sizes available in Mahogany and Rosewood, but they are going fast. We have decided to stop all Rosewood instrument production due to its addition to the CITES treaty and will soon be offering all sizes in Maple back and sides as our deluxe option.

KR Strings mandola and mandolin prototypes

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandolin Cafe For This Useful Post: