Thread: my new tenor!

Default my new tenor!

made an unscheduled trip to burlington to see the grandkids for easter. had been there about 6 weeks ago and had been to this amazing old world music store down town, where I had seen a beautiful Gold Tone TG-18. after about 6 weeks of agonizing research, and financial juggling, I returned and purchased this wonderous instrument. after sitting and playing for a time, I knew that this beauty and I were bonded.
    If you are ever in Burlington, Vt. please take the time to visit Randolin Music. No big box. No matching tee shirts. No Justin B. on a fancy sound system. This place is like stepping back in time. This is the real deal. A work bench, some comfortable furniture, a host of magical instruments, folks that know music and make you feel welcome. kind of felt like being home. I had the best time.
    truly in love with my tg-18 and looking forward to pursuing the romance.
    Will be going back to vermont for thanksgiving with the kids but really using that as an excuse to go back to Randolin Music!

Bark first, Bite later Steve Zawacki's Avatar

Default Re: my new tenor!

It's great when you find a place like that.

Have a ball with the new TG.
    ...Steve

Current Stable: Two Tenor Guitars (Martin 515, Blueridge BR-40T), a Tenor Banjo (Deering GoodTime 17-Fret), a Mandolin (Burgess #7). two Banjo-Ukes and five Ukuleles..

The inventory is always in some flux, but that's part of the fun.

Congratulations Kedge. Any chance you can post a picture or two for us?
    Purr more, hiss less. Barn Cat Mandolins Photo Album

I'm glad you found a place you like. Randolin Music is nice. However, on future visits to Burlington and Vermont in general, consider stopping in at Joe Campanella's shop. Bring your check book. Hah!
    If you are unfamiliar with his work he has many mentions on the cafe.

The Burlington area is also the home of Peter Mix (New Millennium Acoustic Design carbon fiber mandolins) and Will Patton. Antebellum Instruments, which has a revolving inventory of vintage stringed instruments, is in Stockbridge, VT.

See you on Church St!
    Last edited by coolwood; Apr-17-2017 at 7:56pm. Reason: spelling
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I heartily agree with Coolwood about visiting Antebellum Instruments, but a small correction, it's in Rochester, VT(north of Stockbridge).

And I'll have to visit Randolin!

Dave