Thread: cavaco?

Has anyone tried the les paul style cavaco (or any cavaco for that matter) on the eyecandy page?
    Im kinda in the market for a new emando and i like the way it looks but i am more concerned with sound.

reguarless of weather or not you played it, what is the best sounding emando? I play lots of jam band stuff and i want to find something that gives a wide range of sound but also sounds pretty mellow and gives an easy feel.
    Nuff said

I would suggest Kingston.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>THEY MAKE YOUR EARS BLEED!</span>

Seriously, see this thread for more info on Malagolis. I have one, and it works quite nicely as a solidbody emando. It's roughly in the same ballpark (both build quality and playability) as the Kentucky and the Mandobird - though the Malagoli has two pickups to the others' one.. The neck's pretty beefy compared to the other two.. Mainly I like it because it looks like my Strat.

As for tone, a lot of depends on your amp (and effects). But if you're looking for a peaceful easy feeling from a plank of wood with four strings and a single coil pickup I think you're asking for a bit much (especially at this price range). Of course I'm not exactly playing jamband music, so I probably shouldn't be giving out advice..

BTW there are two of the Les-Paul types you like on ebay right now.