Thread: National Tenors

Default National Tenors

Does anyone have any experience with the current tenors from National guitars? I've always liked resos and not having to worry about the typical issues that come with vintage guitars is a plus. How do they play/sound? I'm not really worried how they compare to the originals, just how do they hold up on their own.

Default Re: National Tenors

Were they ever actually released into the wild? I remember Marcy Marxer having a prototype Triolian a few years ago, but apart from that I've never seen one.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Elderly carries them

I'll be danged. Well, Marcy's prototype was a good axe. I'm a bit of a sucker for the vintage ones myself ... I have four of them, and I guess I've been lucky in that they all have good necks and play well.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

I've been curious about the new ones since they came out, but I've got two vintage ones for 1/2 the price, so it's hard to bite the bullet on a new one....