Thread: Whispering

Default Whispering

Here's a couple vids on chord melody. Tenor Banjo, Tenor Guitar, CGDA, GDAE, it's all the same. You can play in any key with either tuning. Hope it may help some of you who have interest.

David

2. The following members say thank you to dcav for this post:

fox 

Default Re: Whispering

Here's Chinatown using the same concepts with some added extensions for the chord melody, and improv mostly over that 3 note position as a base.

dc

hmmm....I've just had a couple martini's........and perhaps more relaxed now than when I made these videos. Does this stuff make any sense to anyone? maybe I'm going to fast in trying to explain my thoughts. I'd like to hear what you think......you're not going to offend me with your words. If you think I stink at explaining this, tell me, I'm old, you won't hurt my feelings. I'm just trying to convey my own ideas on the great art of Jazz. Lets play some music.

David

Maybe I said this all wrong in my last post......words are so powerful. My apologies.

it would help if the videos actually worked
    John D

I agree John, they don't work. I did them off the cuff. I need to rethink them before I repost them.

David

He means they literally are not viewable by anyone - you probably have them set to private?

Working now.
    - Jeremy

Wot no catchphrase?

I had one too many Martini last night. I just put this down so you can hear what the tune sounds like.
    I know I can do better explaining this, but I put the videos back up anyway. Hopefully some will get something out of them. If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer. Cool tune isn't it? Check out Oscar Peterson playing this one on piano......that's how it should sound!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dcav For This Useful Post: