Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: The Star-Spangled Banner

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Catania, Italy
    Posts
    408
    Blog Entries
    1

    Exclamation The Star-Spangled Banner

    The American national anthem, lyrics (1814) of the American lawyer Francis Scott on a music of the English composer John Stafford Smith, in my arrangement for classical guitar. http://www.chitarrarte.it


  2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mandoguitar For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  3. #2

    Default Re: The Star-Spangled Banner

    Really? No one else to thank Giuseppe for this fine rendition of our national anthem?
    Let me be the first to thank you for this beautiful arrangement.

    Bill
    Bill Snyder

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Snyder For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    This Kid Needs Practice Bill Clements's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    767

    Default Re: The Star-Spangled Banner

    Ditto, Bill.
    Bravo, Giuseppe! You honor us with your musical tribute to America.
    "Music is the only noise for which one is obliged to pay." ~ Alexander Dumas

  6. The following members say thank you to Bill Clements for this post:


  7. #4
    Registered User jetsedgwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    113

    Default Re: The Star-Spangled Banner

    Wonderful!
    Weber Black Ice F
    Gretsch Vintage F Oval hole
    Washburn A, Oval hole Mandola
    Weber Black Ice F Octave Mandolin

  8. #5
    Professional Green Horn WmBuoymaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Soddy Daisy, TN
    Posts
    79

    Default Re: The Star-Spangled Banner

    Excellent!
    Thank you for sharing this.

  9. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Catania, Italy
    Posts
    408
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: The Star-Spangled Banner

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Snyder View Post
    Really? No one else to thank Giuseppe for this fine rendition of our national anthem?
    Let me be the first to thank you for this beautiful arrangement.

    Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Clements View Post
    Ditto, Bill.
    Bravo, Giuseppe! You honor us with your musical tribute to America.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsedgwick View Post
    Wonderful!
    Quote Originally Posted by WmBuoymaster View Post
    Excellent!
    Thank you for sharing this.

    Thanks to everyone friends! Greetings from Sicily, ciao!

  10. #7
    Registered User Roger Adams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    257

    Default Re: The Star-Spangled Banner

    Splendid, Sir! Thank you!

  11. #8
    Moderator JEStanek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pottstown, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    13,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: The Star-Spangled Banner

    Very nice!
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

    + Give Blood, Save a Life +

  12. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,881

    Default Re: The Star-Spangled Banner

    I even stood up while listeneing to it...Good job...

    One thing that irks me is to hear the Anthem performed different than it was written at a lot of sporting events....They have to put a lot of SOUL IN IT....

    Willie

  13. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Catania, Italy
    Posts
    408
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: The Star-Spangled Banner

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
    Splendid, Sir! Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by JEStanek View Post
    Very nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Poole View Post
    I even stood up while listeneing to it...Good job...

    One thing that irks me is to hear the Anthem performed different than it was written at a lot of sporting events....They have to put a lot of SOUL IN IT....

    Willie
    Thanks a lot Friends, greetings from Sicily!

  14. #11

    Default Re: The Star-Spangled Banner

    Ah yes, "To Anacreon in Heaven." Classic!

    Been playin' this on the mando for a while now. When playing my e-mando I throw a lot of bends and stuff in it, quasi-Hendrixian in spirit.

  15. #12
    but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    0.8 mpc from NGC224, upstairs
    Posts
    9,823

    Default Re: The Star-Spangled Banner

    It's remarkable how much togetherness such an anthem can create if played right.
    the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world

  16. #13
    Registered User Bob Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Beautiful Salem County, NJ
    Posts
    1,630

    Default Re: The Star-Spangled Banner

    As always, Guiseppe, a beautiful arrangement played to perfection. When you post these performances, I always get swept up into a session of listening to one YouTube of yours after another. Tonight I went on to Alturas followed by Another Brick in the Wall, then Hotel California. Your playing is addicting.

    Do you have any CDs out? If so, where can we purchase them?

    Thanks very much for this and all your postings.

    Best wishes,

    Bob
    Purr more, hiss less.

  17. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Catania, Italy
    Posts
    408
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: The Star-Spangled Banner

    Quote Originally Posted by Petrus View Post
    Ah yes, "To Anacreon in Heaven." Classic!

    Been playin' this on the mando for a while now. When playing my e-mando I throw a lot of bends and stuff in it, quasi-Hendrixian in spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertram Henze View Post
    It's remarkable how much togetherness such an anthem can create if played right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Clark View Post
    As always, Guiseppe, a beautiful arrangement played to perfection. When you post these performances, I always get swept up into a session of listening to one YouTube of yours after another. Tonight I went on to Alturas followed by Another Brick in the Wall, then Hotel California. Your playing is addicting.

    Do you have any CDs out? If so, where can we purchase them?

    Thanks very much for this and all your postings.

    Best wishes,

    Bob
    Thanks again friends! Bob, this is a link for free download of my CD: http://www.chitarrarte.it/CD.php Greetings from Sicily to all!

    Giuseppe

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mandoguitar For This Useful Post:


  19. #15
    The Amateur Mandolinist Mark Gunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Palmer, Texas
    Posts
    3,333

    Default Re: The Star-Spangled Banner

    Wonderfully played, as always, Giuseppe. I look forward to your videos each time. You have done justice to our national anthem.
    Technique, theory and fun, fun, fun. I love playing, studying and sharing MUSIC.
    "Life is short. Play hard." - AlanN
    ------------------------
    HEY! The Cafe has Social Groups, check 'em out. I'm in these groups:
    Newbies Social Group | The Song-A-Week Social
    The Woodshed Study Group | Collings Mandolins | MandoCymru
    - Advice For Mandolin Beginners
    - YouTube Stuff

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •