Thread: Ewan MacPherson

Default Ewan MacPherson

https://www.facebook.com/EwanGMacPhe...2275227849986/

Saw Ewan MacPherson as part of his tour to promote his new album Fetch.
    Strong line-up of Ewan (mandolin, guitar, vocal, jew's harp), Aaron Jones (Bouzouki, cittern) and Alastair White (fiddle).

Lots of interest for the Cafe here. Ewan plays a Shippey 10 string mandolin and Lowden guitar while Aaron plays a Sobell 10 string bouzouki and Crump 10 string cittern.
    That's quite a lot of strings to tune!

Very high standard of musicianship. Ewan's own tunes tend to be quite modern sounding and they also played some tunes from other countries. However, there were also a number of more trad sounding Scots and Irish tunes.
    I had not heard Ewan singing before, but in fact there were a surprising number of songs, which were generally more 'folky' sounding than some of the tune sets.

The gig was in a village hall in the Highlands called Resolis, where I have seen a number of good gigs and films. Dave Gilbert the promoter does a good job there, and he got a pretty decent turn-out on a cold night. It's important that people do go to support such shows and keep music live.

A satisfying night.
    David A. Gordon

2. The following members say thank you to Dagger Gordon for this post:

CHASAX 

Default Re: Ewan MacPherson

As I get older, I don't make it out as often as I should but it is important to promote live music.

Default Re: Ewan MacPherson

I've been listening to 'Fetch' a lot recently!.....great album!
    highly recommend it.