Thread: Bouzouki stringing

Default Bouzouki stringing

Hey Everyone,

I am on the cusp of purchasing a bouzouki, and I was wondering how you all normally string them. If you order a Trinity College or an APC, they come with the G and D courses strung in octaves. I really like the sound of that, but I have heard that because of how the bridge is set up, chords will sound out of tune if you play them up the neck. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

Wes

Default Re: Bouzouki stringing

I have a Trinity College, and like the octaves. The topic has come up before, and people have a lot to say about it. The worry about tuning is probably valid on some instruments. All of them need to be set up by an expert, hopefully one you can talk to. I would suggest that you order several sets of strings--not the most expensive ones--and try it out yourself. Then you will know first-hand what you like best.

Default Re: Bouzouki stringing

Agree that set up will be huge. No reason you shouldn't be able to play up the neck in tune if then it and bridge slots are done well and bridge position is good in my very humble opinion...
    Chuck