Thread: Tenor guitar backing tracks - CGDA tuning

Default Tenor guitar backing tracks - CGDA tuning

Hi folks. Picking up on a remark I made in my latest ("Blue Moon") video, I've just started to create backing tracks for some of the tenor guitar stuff I've done on YouTube. The tracks are taken from the Garageband originals, with the tenor lead taken out and a 2-bar intro placed at the beginning.

The tracks are in mp3 format, for quick downloading (m4a format triples the size) and you will find them here:

http://www.willflyguitar.com/tenor-backing-tracks.html

Against each track I've put the backing instrumentation, key, tempo, number of bars in and number of choruses to be played. There will probably be an accompanying sheet of music, tab and chords for each piece on the Tenor "tab" page.

It's very early days yet - just started this last night - so, at the time of writing this, I have just two tracks there: Blue Moon and Honeysuckle Rose. When I've returned from grandchildren duties this evening and relaxed with a bowl of pasta, I'll add some more!

Some of the earliest stuff I did on tenor won't have a Garageband backing track because I used a Roland 8-track for recording on those days, and that machine's played out but, if I get some time later, I'll re-create the backing where possible.

Cheers,

Will
    Last edited by WillFly; Jan-27-2017 at 6:08am.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WillFly For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Tenor guitar backing tracks - CGDA tuning

That's exceedingly generous of you Will, I look forward to having a go when my skill level gets there.
    - Jeremy

Wot no catchphrase?

Thanks for the backing tracks Will. I'm going to give them a go when I get a chance. Thanks for the excellent work my friend.

David

Just added another 5 tracks to the list...

Cheers,

Will