Thread: Canadians in the market for a bouzouki, check out amazon.ca

Default Canadians in the market for a bouzouki, check out amazon.ca

In December I picked up a Trinity College octave mandolin from amazon when the price went from 1025 to 679 over the course of a few days. Last year I had been watching a Trinity College bouzouki while it went from 1025 to around 720, but never pulled the trigger. It looks like amazon.ca is lowering the price on the bouzouki again. Three or four price reductions in the last few days, and this morning it is at 896 (for the natural top, the black top is 1243).

896 is not bad, especially if you are a Prime member and get free shipping. The bouzouki obviously won't come set up, but seeing as Long and McQuade sell these for 1025, 896 is good, and if you keep your eye on the price it could go even lower (as I said, I watched it go down to ~720 last year).

Default Re: Canadians in the market for a bouzouki, check out amazon.ca

Thanks for the tip.
    Cary Fagan

Shayan Givehchian

Thanks. But I think you can get them for that price form 12th Fret in Toronto. And get it set up right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ge23ev View Post
    Thanks. But I think you can get them for that price form 12th Fret in Toronto. And get it set up right there.
    Could be, though it is hard to tell from their website. This is the only TC bouzouki I could find on their site, the TM-675, and there is no price listed. Good on the 12th Fret if they do have the TM-375 for less than Long and McQuade, and the same as amazon's discounted price. I have emailed to ask if they stock it and if so what their price is.

Registered User Charlie Bernstein's Avatar

Nikos Apollonio in Rockport, Maine, has some good prices on handmade zouks.

Shayan Givehchian

I was there in September and they had a nice collection of octave mandolins all in that price range. I were you I would head down there and give them a go. Online never beats in person for musical instruments. Even the same model from a brand can be different from others

Quote Originally Posted by Ge23ev View Post
    I was there in September and they had a nice collection of octave mandolins all in that price range. I were you I would head down there and give them a go. Online never beats in person for musical instruments. Even the same model from a brand can be different from others
    Well, I'm in Halifax, but if I do get to Toronto sometime, I will certainly check them out.

I'm quite surprised that they have numerous sub $1000 octaves and bouzoukis. I did find a very old listing on their site for a TC octave selling for ~400, which is a good price in Canada. But that post was from 2012, so the retail price of these was much lower than today.

Anyway, perhaps when they get back to me about the TC-375, I will ask for a quick inventory of CBOMs. Meanwhile, the amazon price dropped another 30 bucks this morning.
    Last edited by Franc Homier Lieu; Jan-27-2017 at 6:08am.

Just heard from 12th Fret. 1186 (with a case) for the TC bouzouki. A fine price indeed for an instrument with a set up from a first class shop, but if you don't live in the 416 area code, do keep an eye on amazon.ca.

Shayan Givehchian

I see your point now. The 12th fret does offer a nice range of zouks. In my opinion even better than their mandolins unless you're looking for webers they have a great collection of webers and kentuckys and eastmans but not so much of other brands. But for zouks considering they are less in demand they have a very nice variety. For me I can't choose unless I play them so I always prefer to buy in person. Last time I went out to elderly in michigan to get more options. Best decision ever.

By the way, it the TM bouzouki is down to $739 CDN today (it has dropped in price every day for over a week now), but if you don't want to order via amazon.ca, Long and Mcquade will price match. So if the L&M in your area has one in stock and already set up, you could get them to give it to you for almost $300 less than their regular price.

FYI, the 12th Fret has a good selection of Collings at the moment, as they usually do. They do get Northfields in but none right now. Also a Capek F.
    Cary Fagan