Thread: Mandolin Exercises for Dummies corrupted audio files

Thumbs down Mandolin Exercises for Dummies corrupted audio files

I bought the book from Don Julin Mandolin exercises for dummies, But I cannot view or download the audio files. Has anyone had this problem? I hope the book is not yet another crappy put together waste of money. DANG

MandoNZ

Default Re: Mandolin Exercises for Dummies corrupted audio files

The book has received rave reviews on the Mandolin Cafe.
    Bill Snyder

The books are a wealth of knowledge and very straight forward. I use them everyday.

So, Have you contacted the author or publisher or anyone else regarding this problem prior to blasting it on a public forum and hoping its not a "crappy put together waste of money"?

I had the same problem when I tried to access the audio files. I don't know if this is the problem but my laptop still has Vista as the operating system and I suspect that is why I can't download the audio files.

I have a Kindle Fire and have used it instead and had no problems so I'm suspecting it's just that I have ancient software that is no longer compatible.

Hey folks here is the link. I have put these files into my personal dropbox as the publisher is clearly having some issues with the audio files. Maybe they should have kept putting CDs in the books until they got this part under control. These decisions are "above my pay grade" so the best solution to the problem was to put the files in dropbox folder, publish the link on the mandolin cafe, and continue to help folks get the audio files. The audio is essential to getting the most out of these books. Here is the link.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0b2p40wz6...BuWVWocga?dl=0
    I hope the book is not yet another crappy put together waste of money.
    I hope you find this book useful and welcome to wonderful world of mandolin. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any issues or questions about this or any of my other instructional material.

Don Julin

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Don Julin For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

I may be old but I'm ugly billhay4's Avatar

Can't beat that response to an unfortunately worded question.
    Bill
    IM(NS)HO

I am continuously awed and amazed by the support of the people in this group.

Thank you Don!

Just a shout out for Don J and his awasome book !

Hey folks! I am brand new to Mandolin. In fact, this is my first stringed instrument. I grew up playing saxophone, and percussion.

Out of these two books (Mandolin for Dummies, and Mandolin Exercises for Dummies), if you could only get one at a time, which would you start with. Keep in mind I have some music knowledge background.

I've been doing some practice with the book that came with the mandolin, and some youtube videos. But I want to make sure I am starting out building proper habits.

Thanks in advance!

Start with the first book. it is a real introduction to so many aspects of playing the mandolin. The Exercises book builds on that so it is the companion. You can't beat Don's books. They are a great value.

Thanks!

Then that will be the first on order! I put both of them in my Amazon list.

The Amateur Mandolinist Mark Gunter's Avatar
    South of Cleburne, North of Hillsboro, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by RATyson View Post
    Hey folks! I am brand new to Mandolin. In fact, this is my first stringed instrument. I grew up playing saxophone, and percussion.

Out of these two books (Mandolin for Dummies, and Mandolin Exercises for Dummies), if you could only get one at a time, which would you start with. Keep in mind I have some music knowledge background.

I've been doing some practice with the book that came with the mandolin, and some youtube videos. But I want to make sure I am starting out building proper habits.

Thanks in advance!
    Welcome to the forum RATyson, it might pay to check out the links in this short article: http://www.markgunter.net/cool_stuff...olin-beginners

Since you've been browsing for YouTube mandolin help, you may have come across some of them already, but the links to mandolsessons, petimar, etc. that are mentioned there will go a long way toward making sure that you are "starting out building proper habits."
    WWW.THEAMATEURMANDOLINIST.COM
    ----------------------------------
    "Life is short. Play hard." - AlanN

----------------------------------
    HEY! The Cafe has Social Groups, check 'em out. I'm in these groups:
    Newbies Social Group | The Song-A-Week Social
    The Woodshed Study Group | Blues Mando
    - Advice For Mandolin Beginners
    - YouTube Stuff

I am up to date with my os that being windows 10. I tried to contact the publisher and my attempts fell on deaf ears. I am over poor work ethics. I am not saying that this is.

If you read up eight posts, the author Don Julin posted a link to his personal dropbox site with good copies of the files and offered to help you get them working properly if you contact him personally.