Thread: Red Spruce Tops

Default Red Spruce Tops

Well got my KM1500, had it a few days and sold it. Am now looking to buy another or a KM1050. The 1500 is supposed to have a red spruce, Adirondack, top and the 1050 has a different spruce top. Is there going to be that much difference in sound with everything else being equal? I really liked the 1500 and all I've heard about the 1050 has been positive as well. Wondering which I would be happier with? Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Red Spruce Tops

Don't worry about the wood so much. If it sounds good to you, it is! Try a bunch, find what you like, get it, then play the heck out if it!

What about the 1500 did you not like, just out of curiosity?
    Jason Anderson

"...while a great mandolin is a wonderful treat, I would venture to say that there is always more each of us can do with the tools we have available at hand. The biggest limiting factors belong to us not the instruments." Paul Glasse

Stumbling Towards Competence

Loved it. Just couldn't refuse the offer. That's why I'm looking for another. What do they say, "The thrill is in the chase".

Saga web site lists the 1050 top as red (Adirondack) spruce,
    Thanks

Several mandolins of varying quality-any one of which deserves a better player than I am.......

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Scott View Post
    Saga web site lists the 1050 top as red (Adirondack) spruce,
    Thanks for that info. After reading about the 1050, that is the one I want due to the fact I like the larger frets like on my 150 and a scooped extension with the frets also.