Thread: Henriksen "The Bud"?

Quietly Making Noise Dave Greenspoon's Avatar

Default Henriksen "The Bud"?

I had a lot of fun in 2016 getting into (and through) effects pedals, primarily for Stealie. I also had a revelation that they are fun tools/toys, but my real tone comes from the instruments and how I play them. I expect I will be a couple pedals lighter soon.

As I am starting to scale back on the pedals, I've also had a realization about my amps: the gig-worthy ones are a pain to transport and the practice size amps are only good for that. My thoughts these days go to having a single, small, gig-worthy amp that can handle the different ways my mandos get amped and respect/preserve the great tone each of them offers. Stealie has a humbucker, Feivel has a Baggs Radius, and the Rigel has a stock Rigel passive piezoelectric.

My research is strongly suggesting I want a Henriksen "The Bud." I am wondering who has had what type of experiences with this amp. Thanks in advance for sharing!
    Axes: Eastman MD-515 & El Rey; Eastwood S Mandola
    Amps: Fishman Loudbox 100; Rivera Clubster Royale Recording Head & R212 cab; Laney Cub 10

Default Re: Henriksen "The Bud"?

You can find some threads on the Acoustic Guitar Forum.

My personal bang for the buck acoustic amp is the Carvin AG 300. I have played bass guitar, electric guitar, Uke, acoustic guitar, and mandolin through mine, as well as vocals. 25# make it easy on the back. Half the cost of the better acoustic products out there, and sound is right up there.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

3. The following members say thank you to Br1ck for this post:

I've been playing drums in a Dead band with a guy who runs his Breedlove (w/Fishman) through a Henriksen JazzAmp and it's sounds really good.

5. The following members say thank you to jefflester for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Br1ck View Post
    My personal bang for the buck acoustic amp is the Carvin AG 300.
    Looks like a good option...if any were available!
    Amps: Fishman Loudbox 100; Rivera Clubster Royale Recording Head & R212 cab; Laney Cub 10

Quote Originally Posted by jefflester View Post
    I've been playing drums in a Dead band with a guy who runs his Breedlove (w/Fishman) through a Henriksen JazzAmp and it's sounds really good.
    I like this vid, esp. with the Weber/Baggs combo around 7:15.

My choice is...

http://mobi.acousticimg.com/products/corus.php

Acoustic Image Chorus. Pricy but amazingly realistic sound. My keyboard player has the appropriate version and my upright base player has one of the originals. This link is up to date where-as our rigs are a bit dated but strong and wonderful. And way louder than you might think.

Billy
    Billy Packard
    Gilchrist A3, 1993
    Stiver Fern, 1990
    Weber Fern, 2007
    Gibson F4 Hybrid #1, D. Harvey 2009
    Gibson 1923 A2
    Numerous wonderful guitars

9. The following members say thank you to Billy Packard for this post:

If they show the Carvin AG 300 out of stock, they usually have them within a week. They make them six or eight at a time. When I bought mine they were out, but the customer rep told me they would ship in two days, which they did.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Packard View Post
    My choice is...

http://mobi.acousticimg.com/products/corus.phpAcoustic Image Chorus. Pricy but amazingly realistic sound. Billy
    Looks great, esp. at the micro weight of the amp. The macro weight of the price tag violates my stay-married strategy. The Bud will push boundaries even with trading in everything else. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Another happy Carvin customer. The AG300 (and AG200) have features that many lower powered acoustic amps don't have.

Ended up going in a totally different direction and brought home a used Peavey Classic 30. My Rigel sounded great without a preamp, and Stealie sounded aMAzing.