Thread: My Nigel Forster Bouzouki

Default My Nigel Forster Bouzouki

Hi all, Just wanted to post a little video of my Nigel Forster Bouzouki. I got it about 3 months ago. It was made in 2006 and used to be owned by Adan Rhodes of Barrule who are an absolutely fantastic band from the Isle of Man.

Anyways, I'd been stalking Nigel's website for years and drooling over his faboulous bouzoukis. Joined Mandolin Cafe as a member and 2 days later an advert appeared in the classifieds with you guessed it, a Nigel Forster Bouzouki. After much cajoling and to be quite honest,,,, begging!! I persuaded my beautiful wife that no home is really complete without a Forster Bouzouki!! Well that's my opinion anyway. So much so that I'm selling off a few of my instruments to buy one of his Guitar Bouzoukis.

Was in my pal's house yesterday recording a few bits and pieces, not Trad, some contemporary stuff Man!!!! thought it might be good to do a little video of the new bouzouki. The tune is from ABBA, I think its quite nice!! Not what I normally do. Will try to post a video or 2 of me playing with some of my trad buddies.

Hope ya like it!!.
    John

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Reinhardt For This Useful Post:

Default Re: My Nigel Forster Bouzouki

That is just lovely John, really nice choice of tunes and you certainly made it your own! Nice bouzouki - and a nice Lowden off to your right.

Happy New Year and thanks for sharing this, hope you will get more videos out.
    "But wasn't it all stupid nonsense, rot, gibberish, and criminally fraudulent nincompoopery?"
    - Neal Stephenson, Quicksilver

Nice one John.

Well I have to say that it is not dissimilar in tone to my Joe Foley Irish bouzouki. They share very similar tonal characteristics.

I would love to hear it in an Irish session setting.
    Nic Gellie

Thanks Mike and Nic. Unfortunately, the London isn't mine. Belongs to my pal Tony. That's his home studio. I'll try to upload a few trad tunes in the next few weeks. Had the Forster out to a ssession last night. It was fantastic as usual, I had a few pints too many! Ah well, it was new years eve after all.

Happy 2017 to all cafe members and visitors. Here's too some great music!

John

Hi Guys, another video of the bouzouki from the same day. This is a Tim O'Brien song ( may be traditional) which I attempt to destroy!!!! I'm no Pavarotti!!

The video was edited together by my great buddy Tony "Scorcese" Barrett. Some of its a bit outa synch , bit of a problem with the film editing gear and more importantly me!!!

Anyway, hope the video don't put you off your food too much!!!! The bouzouki is double tracked from the 3rd verse of the song I think.

John

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reinhardt For This Useful Post:

foxSeter 

That works out nicely! I like it!