Thread: Dean Markley's transducer pickup

Registered User Charlie Bernstein's Avatar

Default Dean Markley's transducer pickup

Any thoughts on Dean Markley's transducer pickup? I a Dean Markley Promag soundhole pickup for my acoustics and love it. My flattop mando wants a pickup, too, but the prices folks are asking are more than I want to shell out.

I'm not after sonic perfection, just playability. So if the Markley transducer makes a mando sound reasonably like a mando and there are no other weird issues, I'll get it.

So tell me what you know.

Thanks!

cb
    www.thefullertons.net
    ( •)—:::

mandolin slinger Steve Ostrander's Avatar

Default Re: Dean Markley's transducer pickup

I have one. It sounds OK, but not nearly as good as the K&K I have installed in my Breedlove FF. 'Course, it cost about 1/5th as much.
    Living’ in the Mitten

Registered User Charlie Bernstein's Avatar

Default Re: Dean Markley's transducer pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ostrander View Post
    I have one. It sounds OK, but not nearly as good as the K&K I have installed in my Breedlove FF. 'Course, it cost about 1/5th as much.
    Thanks! That's kind of what I figured.

My squareneck has a K&K spider bridge pickup that makes my reso sound exactly like my reso.

By the way, your "bouzouki" tag line reminds me of an old New Yorker cartoon. It's a picture of a firing squad. The men if the firing line all have smoking guns. The dead man tied to the post is wearing Bermuda shorts, a porkpie had, white socks, and sandals and has a couple of cameras dangling from his neck. The officer in charge is saying to his commandant: "TOURIST? I thought he said 'TERRORIST!'"