Thread: String and a Prayer

Default String and a Prayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ajC2mjz-A8

I love Jazz on the Tenor. A match made in heaven I do think. I hope I'm not boring anyone by posting here, but its a tenor guitar forum right? I wish more people would post their tenor guitar explorations on here. I love listening to everyone. This Guild tenor is my favorite. A nice thick neck, sturdy damn guitar, that I can push the string guages up. Flat wound heavy Jazz strings that I experiment from six packs.

dc

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dcav For This Useful Post:

Default Re: String and a Prayer

Boring anyone??? You must be joking, that was some awesome tenor playing and the singing was nice too. So please keep posting them. I've really been enjoying your other videos on YT too. You're right, it would be nice to hear more contributions here but you're a tough act to follow!
    Out of curiosity, what equipment do you use to record yourself with? I'd like to do some recordings (nowhere near your level) but don't have the equipment yet.

Hey Thanks Mandocarver. It just seems to get a little static in this forum from time to time (thats why the boring comment). No one should ever feel bad about following my act! I've been learning for 40 years and it never stops. I'm just now starting to feel comfortable with the tenor and I love listening everyone, novice or pro, it's all good to me. I think this instrument is just coming into its own, cool times ahead for it I believe. I'm using a little ZiB Kodak video recorder straight up. It has a great little built in mic.
    Can't wait to hear your stuff, and Merry Christmas to everyone.
    David

5. The following members say thank you to dcav for this post:

Guernsey... small island just off the coast of France

Hi David, I also appreciate your vids, to me you are playing a tenor guitar as they were designed to be played.
    I have been playing the tenor guitar for around 3 years, although I played tenor banjo before I discovered the tenor guitar.
    I started off playing my tenor guitar as I would my banjo - GDAE Irish tunes - I have slowly started playing chord melody but it is really difficult to imagine reaching your standard!

Thanks Fox, much appreciated man. Like I said, I love it all. I love to hear Irish......I can't play a lick of it.....but I love it.

dc