Thread: Tabledit Tip

Default Tabledit Tip

Is there a way to combine files? I want to make a medley of three songs and would like to create one file with all three songs? I have the edit version, I just dont know how to use it.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tabledit Tip

There might be something more elegant, but I would just use copy and paste. Open the first tune, add a bunch of blank measures at the end, then copy and paste the other two.

Thank you - I will give it a try....

Doesnt work for me. I got it in one file but only plays the first song. I am not good with this software at all.

Blog Entries

It does have a significant learning curve. I suspect that the problem is that the original file has a reading list that specifies which measures are to be played and in what order. When you add on, the reading list may not be updated. Go to the Midi menu option, click Reading List, then modify it to include all measures of the file. Modifying the reading list is kind of involved but you should be able to figure it out with some trial and error. There might be some help on the reading list in the online tutorials located at their website.

FWIW, I have been using the full version of TablEdit for over a year and I still run across stuff that is poorly documented or counterintuitive (at least to me). But I still use it. A lot. But an alternative might be MuseScore. I have used it and liked it except for the fact that it doesn't read TEF files and most of the folks around here who I might trade files with don't read MuseScore files. Oh, and MuseScore has a pretty healthy learning curve, too.

6. The following members say thank you to HonketyHank for this post:

Thank you - I will keep trying. I am sure the guy that wrote this software thinks its easy

I agree with HonketyHank. It sounds like you are cutting and pasting but not updating the reading list. That list determines what gets played, how many times and in what order by the MIDI player, not what is on the page. The reading list also allows you to play sections multiple times or create a final ending that's different than the normal ending. It corrects the notation accordingly too.

If that doesn't work, try contacting the programmers through the website. I have gotten some decent responses from them when I've sent in questions. Sometimes it takes them a while. It's best if you describe the problem very clearly and include screenshots where applicable. Those guys interpret what you say more like programmers than like musicians.

9. The following members say thank you to John Flynn for this post: