Thread: Jim Richter website?

Default Jim Richter website?

Anyone belong to this site?
    I joined paid the $5 but there is no place to create a user name or password.
    Paid two days ago and never received an email or any instructions about how to open the tab section. Sent an email but no reply
    Wondering if this is real site?

2. The following members say thank you to Mandorocker for this post:

Default Re: Jim Richter website?

Send a PM to JimRichter. He's a Cafe member.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEdgerton View Post
    Send a PM to JimRichter. He's a Cafe member.
    Yeah. Jim's a good guy. No worries.

Sent two messages still nothing. Wondering if this real?

I would be inclined to give the benefit of the doubt here...

Jim has been at this since 2004 I think? He is well established. I am sure there is a legitimate reason for the delay.
    Robert Fear
    http://www.folkmusician.com

"Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't.
    " - Pete Seeger

From his page:

PLEASE NOTE: Some free email providers (especially Hotmail) don’t play nicely with this registration software. It is possible that you may not get the automatic account generation information. If this happens, please send an email to jim@jimrichter.com and I will manually take care of it for you.
    Have you sent a message direct to that address?
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

Yes sent two emails to that email address. I also sent two pm's on here but they don't show up in my sent mail. So not sure they went through.
    I hope to hear from someone from that site as it has some great tabs and I've see his videos on YouTube. Great player.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mandorocker View Post
    Yes sent two emails to that email address. I also sent two pm's on here but they don't show up in my sent mail. So not sure they went through.
    I hope to hear from someone from that site as it has some great tabs and I've see his videos on YouTube. Great player.
    PMs don't show up in sent unless you check the box that instructs you wish for it to be saved below the message. You can change that so it's a default setting in General Settings.

Blog Entries

Thanks to Scott for making me aware of this.

This has already been resolved. Let me say a few things

1. I work a highly demanding job that uses 50 to 60 hours of my week. I work Friday through Tuesday. If you wrote me during that time, you won't hear from me.

2. I am a PhD student who is all but dissertation. I go to school full-time.

3. I am a father of three teenage boys who all require mega amounts of transportation and time.

4. I make it clear on my website that if you are using a generic email such as AOL, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo etc. to subscribe to my tab service, there will be problems and May take a few days to resolve. All those email addresses are looked at as spam and potential bot. The original poster of this thread has an AOL email address.

5. I am one person does much less music then he did previously due to school and work. This is not an operation that can immediately provide customer support. I apologize for your experience. I'm happy to give you a lifetime subscription for free. It does not matter to me. I would just ask in the future that more Patience be shown. Those who know me know I used to be very active on the café, but over the last few years since being in the PhD program I have dropped off significantly. I've done a bunch of stuff for the mandolin community and nobody has ever been short changed.

I'm tired and I have other things I need to address. I hope this resolves it. Thanks to those of you who tried to provide a backstory for me.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JimRichter For This Useful Post:

Great to hear from you Jim. We miss you around here at the Cafe, but understand your busyness. We wish you well, my friend.
    Tony Huber
    1930 Martin Style C #14783
    2011 Mowry GOM
    2013 Hester F4 #31
    2014 Ellis F5 #322
    2017 Nyberg Mandola #172

13. The following members say thank you to red7flag for this post: