Thread: Kentucky km 855

Default Kentucky km 855

Just bought a Kentucky KM855 from a forum member. It is my Christmas present to me. I was sent a picture of it and if it sounds half as god as it looks, it will be a real sweetheart. Now if I can just integrate it into my "other stuff" without the wife figuring it out I'll be cookin'. Wish me luck. Thanks

Default Re: Kentucky km 855

Congrats on the mando and good luck on the wife front......
    Thanks

Silverangel F5
    Big Muddy MW-O
    Eastman 305

I have a 855 and it is a fantastic mandolin. Great tone and fit and finish is excellent. A work of art. The problem is you need another mandolin for everyday noodling. I am afraid to scratch or ding the 855.

I have a 855 and I'm really happy with it and it sounds better and better the more I play it. At the beginning it was a little too "bass-y" but since I put D Addario EXP 74s on it (forum advice!) it's perfectly balanced - and very loud! I
    Glad to hear from fellow 855ers because there seem to be not many of them around. ..
    Have fun with your new Mando!
    Malin

Quote Originally Posted by bobguichard View Post
    I have a 855 and it is a fantastic mandolin. Great tone and fit and finish is excellent. A work of art. The problem is you need another mandolin for everyday noodling. I am afraid to scratch or ding the 855.
    I have that taken care of already. I have a great sounding KM150. There is still a picture of the 855 I got in the classifieds.